Houston
Sponsored by

Top Golf coming to The Woodlands/Spring!!

8,662 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
b_rummy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Top Golf Construction plans are out.... It should be completed within the next year at this point!!!

I posted this on the golf forum, but thought I would share it here too.
Fairview
AG
I'm on my phone so its hard to see but is that right behind Gander Mountain?
Visor Guy
AG
Yes, looks to be behind Gander. This is great news though I thought it would best in the Woodlands as that part of 45 has had some significant crime issues.
PetroPhi
AG
Wow, my folks live in that neighborhood behind it. There is a relatively new driving range just behind their neighborhood. I guess it sucks for them. Besides the school the roughness of that area starts on the other side of Hardy. Maybe the Exxon complex played into their decision along with access to 45. Other option might have been too far north. They'll have my business when in town!
Fairview
AG
That's what I was thinking. Choice Tee is in trouble.
Jock 07
AG
Is the current top golf still stupid busy on afternoons/weekends?
Ags-R-Better
Jock - Yes, went a few weeks back on a Monday afternoon (2PM) for a work "meeting" and there was a 2.5 hr wait.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
Visor Guy
posted 12:55p, 03/11/13

Yes, looks to be behind Gander. This is great news though I thought it would best in the Woodlands as that part of 45 has had some significant crime issues.

Considering that Exxon's new campus will be about 3 minutes away and all the development/redevelopment of that area I might like to be a homeowner looking to sell there in the next 24 months.

You're going to see significant improvement in Spring schools and neighborhoods.
jsn1986
AG
There is a nice driving range(mats only) about .5 miles down cypresswood from there. Hopefully it catches some fall-off business and doesn't just get crushed.

I had heard talks about top golf in the woodlands about 3 years ago, but figured that all died when they built the first houston location. Really excited.
kelkel25
I realize that XOM will be right down the road but man that area has really gone downhill as most of Spring ISD side has over the years.
tommyjohn
Everything east of 45 has gone downhill in Spring.
Fairview
AG
I bought a house on the east side of 45 in 2002 and lost my ass on it. It was my fault for not researching enough about the area but we sold before it went too far down. A lot of the big growth right now is on Kuykehndahl between West Rayford and Woodlands parkway. They are building a Kroger, HEB and all the stores that follow them (banks, drugstores, etc) in that couple mile span. Also Gosling is about to explode.

howdydamnit04
AG
Coworkers BF works at the one in Katy. He told us that they are looking at putting one in Sugar Land as well. Can really think of a good location except maybe in Mo City off 6 somewhere.
PetroPhi
AG
Don't make the mistake of lumping the area between 45 and HTR with that east of Aldine Westfield. A very different situation and it's not like Aldine Westfield is a block away. The issue is the perception due to the proximity to the high school. With XOM being down the road, especially if you have kids under middle school, that area will see definite uplift. If this wasn't the case you would be seeing low rent apartments instead of something like TopGolf.
PetroPhi
AG
Not DP but have you guys been to the one in Dallas by White Rock Lake? I think it was the original. I've only gone to the one in Katy before last weekend when I went to the WRL for a wedding precursor. It's like if you grew up flying business class and then jumped on a Southwest flight.
tx4guns
AG
We need TG in Clear Lake in a bad way.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Texaggie7nine
I don't care where, just build some more in houston so this one on i-10 will stop having 2 hour waits every night.

North Mayne
AG
quote:

While she definitely does get around, I am pretty sure she keeps it almost exclusively in and around the loop.
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
quote:

While she definitely does get around, I am pretty sure she keeps it almost exclusively in and around the loop.

I see what you did there
Texaggie7nine
Are yall talking about Tub Girl again?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.