Houston
Sponsored by

do you know someone who called (or was called) for "second date update?"

71,182 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Johnsmith
aggivedave16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On 93q? Just wondering if it's real or fake.
CrossBowAg99
AG
Yes, it was me, you were awesome and I am ready for another round. PM me.
Chewy
AG
I've wondered that too because some of these scenarios fall in too perfect and the people are usually really calm.

This morning's HAD to be fake. Who gets the radio to call up a dude and tell him you're pregnant and both parties are calm as can be essentially asking the radio hosts what they should do next.

I'm sure some are real but they have to have some actors for some. Just trying to get people on the phone at the same time is hard enough I would think.
Prince Akeem
Just like how the "War of the Roses" stories are real on 94.5!!
schmendeler
AG
War of the roses is on 104
Prince Akeem
Still crappy morning shows either way.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What happened to playing actual music on the radio?

Oh well, at least this isn't a restaurant recommendation thread.
OogsAggie
quote:
FCC's Requirements

The Commission's rule regarding broadcast of telephone conversations is set forth at Section 73.1206 of the Commission's rules, 47 C.F.R. § 73.1206.

Pursuant to this rule, before recording a telephone conversation for broadcast, or broadcasting such a conversation simultaneously with its occurrence, a licensee shall inform any party to the call of the licensee's intention to broadcast the conversation, except where such party is aware, or may be presumed to be aware from the circumstances of the conversation that it is being or likely will be broadcast. Such awareness is presumed to exist only when the other party to the call is associated with the station (such as an employee or part-time reporter), or where the other party originates the call and it is obvious that it is in connection with a program in which the station customarily broadcasts telephone conversations.

Thus I would suspect 98% of the "surprise" calls you hear on the radio are acted. Notice the regulation provides no option to inform or obtain the participants consent after the recording/broadcasting.
txaggie_08
AG
quote:
Thus I would suspect 98% of the "surprise" calls you hear on the radio are acted. Notice the regulation provides no option to inform or obtain the participants consent after the recording/broadcasting.

Well you can tell all of the calls are recorded at least the day before, as that morning before the calls they are dropping hints as to what's going to happen during the call. They definitely don't call the unsuspecting person right there on air to find out if he/she is OK with being aired on the radio.

Still, I think it's fake. There's been some crazy ones one there. But they're entertaining. I hate that they moved them to 6:45 and 8:45. I'm not listening to the radio at either one of those times. It used to come on at 7:45 while I was commuting.
CheeseSndwch
Does that mean that the Birthday Scam is fake?
No Handlebars
What kind of mouth breathers listen to these shows?
The Milkman
AG
quote:
War of the roses is on 104

Thats roula and ryans roses
schmendeler
AG
Used to be war of the roses when they were on 96.5
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
Does that mean that the Birthday Scam is fake?

If they are in compliance with the FCC, it's fake.
Clever&FunnyAg
AG
my mind is blown.

http://gawker.com/5779701/your-favorite-wacky-morning-radio-show-is-a-festival-of-lies

[This message has been edited by plc44 (edited 2/6/2013 5:43p).]
OogsAggie
quote:
If they are in compliance with the FCC, it's fake.

Correct.
schmendeler
AG
I kind of guessed it was fake, but I didn't realize it was such a widespread thing.
Outlaw0206
AG
I listen to 93Q deal about every morning and agree it seems fake. I also think if it is real it is def pre recorded. But there are def some weird situations that make it seem pretty fake
Johnsmith
quote:
What kind of mouth breathers listen to these shows?

this
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.