Houston
Sponsored by

Affordable wedding flowers

9,309 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
Dorothy Mantooth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any recommendations for wedding florists in houston that are affordable? Or any luck doing flowers yourself for a wedding, like tips and where to get the flowers. We don't plan on having that many flowers just centerpieces (10 tables max) and bouquets for 4 bridesmaids and the bride. Thanks for any help.
DRE06
AG
Did not read.

No such thing.
AgCPA95
AG
Costco

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?cat=90371&eCat=BC|3605|90371&lang=en-US&whse=BC&topnav=
Dorothy Mantooth
AG
I guess I should clarify affordable. For the amount of flowers I am looking for I would like to stay in the neighborhood of $1500. I just don't know if that is an unrealistic goal. I saw flowers by Lisa online and her prices don't look too bad. Has anyone had any experience with her or anyone else they can recommend. Thanks.
04aggiegirl
AG
I did all my flowers myself. Bought in bulk through Sams. They shipped the roses from central America overnight and the lilies from somewhere else. I would suggest practicing with mockups before. Roses are not de-thorned. I bought gloves on amazon that will stem the roses.

We spent about $500 and had fresh flowers everywhere. I loved them. Lots of work though, hopefully you'll have nice moms and aunts to help.

Edit- SAMs flowers are much better than Costco, I did lots of research before I chose SAMs

[This message has been edited by 04aggiegirl (edited 5/1/2012 9:51p).]
Dr. Doctor
AG
http://www.floralevents.com/

Used him and was under what you want to spend for 17 tables, and the associated flowers for a wedding.

~egon
maroonpivo
AG
^We used Bill Ryan as well and only had roses in small vases on the centerpieces. He was very good and affordable.
Dorothy Mantooth
AG
04Aggiegirl, what was the selection like with sam's? When I looked at Costco online their selection looked very limited, and they had mostly packages which really isn't what I am looking for.
jenn96
AG
If you do them yourself, allow a lot of time - twice as much as you think it can possibly take. My mom did all the flowers for my wedding, I did all the corsages and boutonnieres, and we both did the bouquets. Granted, we were pretty ambitious, and had a lot of flowers, but it took a long long time. If you have friends and family that can help, that will make a big difference, as long as you don't care that they look exactly a certain way.

Also, if you are willing to go with seasonal flowers, in assorted colors (ie not all white, or all pink, etc) then you can get a lot more for your money. And they will be beautiful, and much less cookie-cutter than the more common white roses or white calla lilies that you see at a lot of weddings.

[This message has been edited by jenn96 (edited 5/2/2012 11:27a).]
04aggiegirl
AG
Selection at Sams is very good. Just look online. I didn't like the packages, but the rose, lily, orchid and other exoctics selection was amazing. Lots of colors and varieties. The packages are overpriced for what you get IMO.

I bought the ribbon from both hobby lobby and arnes.
04aggiegirl
AG
To back up jenn's statement, I allowed two days before the wedding. First day I processed the flowers and allowed them to bloom more. I also started on the centerpieces. Day before the wedding I made the bouquets, corsages, and bouts. I had my mom, mil, sister, and a family friend help the day before. Processing the flowers was one my own.

I loved the way they turned out. If you have a good eye and are crafty (and patient) it'll work out great.
Guitarsoup
AG
http://www.carmensfloral.com/

Carmen did our flowers and does the flowers at a lot of our client's weddings. She is amazing and very reasonable.
Zeke1995
AG
Wait until next year and get married the Saturday after Easter. In your wedding pictures, the church will look like an arboretum.
Jack Klompus
AG
http://www.florabelladesigns.net/

[This message has been edited by Jack Klompus (edited 5/2/2012 4:10p).]
swimmerbabe11
There has also been a trend lately..if you perhaps like a bit of a more earthy look, of doing bouquets from filler flowers.

It is definitely a certain style, but its very dainty. The baby's breath could definitely be pretty for bridesmaids and groomsmen's corsages if nothing else.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.