Houston
Sponsored by

Western Boots

81,166 Views | 355 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag_07
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll need to comb through this thread for the next time I'm in Houston. I have a hard time finding good fitting footwear because of my wide feet.
Cromagnum
AG
Do they do repairs as well? I bought a pair this summer from Matt and my heel already tore through the weak ass liner inside the boot. I'm guessing a piece of leather, or at least something sturdier than cloth will need to be sown/glued in.

Edit: Called Matt today and he said he would get me fixed up.
idAg09
Cromagnum said:

Do they do repairs as well? I bought a pair this summer from Matt and my heel already tore through the weak ass liner inside the boot. I'm guessing a piece of leather, or at least something sturdier than cloth will need to be sown/glued in.

I need to stop by and check on repairs as well soon. Just noticed the leather sole on one boot has a hole in the middle showing the insert and the other boot is about to do the same thing. I think I've had these a year and wore about 2-3 times a week. First pair of leather sole boots so not sure how long soles should last. They are very comfortable though.
megs03
Just bought my 2nd & 3rd pair of boots from Safari Exotic Leather!!!
The Milkman
AG
Anyone have any experience with Tecovas?

https://www.tecovas.com/

They look really good, good prices, and are direct to consumer.
Liquid Wrench
I have experience with their facebook ads.
Ag_07
AG
The Milkman said:

Anyone have any experience with Tecovas?

https://www.tecovas.com/

They look really good, good prices, and are direct to consumer.

I've got a pair. They're alright.

They are what you pay for. A step above a generic Justin or Ariat roper, but not a high end Lucchese or a $3500 pair of Parker customs.

They're comfortable and look nice, but nothing super eye catching and special. Perfect to wear to the office a few days a week and nice enough to wear out with some jeans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.