Houston
Sponsored by

Sea Turtle boots are done!

50,003 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AMW2010
LSRR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Hell yes. I think I like these more than any pair of boots I've ever owned. Jesse did an awesome job.

before:

after:

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
man those are nice
jetch17
AG
I Play With Guns
S
fantastic
BBRex
AG
That does look great. Wow.
ccolley68
AG
My little brother's roommate at A&M had sea turtle boots. Must say, they were one of the finest pair of boots these eyes have seen.

Dont answer if you dont want, but can I ask how you got those? I know they are illegal now, but his dad or grandfather or something had them before they were illegal and they have passed them down. It was truly awesome to see people react when they asked what kind of skin it was. Most didnt believe him.
HBCanine08
Brotron
Those boots look sick
The Catfish
AG
Chit yeah
captkirk
AG
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2039251&forum_id=38
LSRR
S
quote:
but can I ask how you got those?

I bought them for $200 from a buddy who bought them in the mid 70's. I paid Jesse of Jesse's Custom Boots $200 to re-last, resole, and modify the toe. So I'm in 'em about $400. Pretty good deal I think. They are illegal to sell across state lines, or bring in or out of the country. I've wanted a pair for years and feel these are my holy grail boots.

Believe it or not, Jesse has TWO pairs of Sea Turtles right now for sale. One pair is 11.5 and the others are 9's I think. He wants $650 and $750 respectively. I almost bought them on principle (I've never seen two pair for sale in the same place), but passed. He's also got a couple of pairs of anteater as well as some anteater skin left (it is now banned too). The girl at the counter said they'd make a new custom pair of anteaters for about $1300.

[This message has been edited by LSRR (edited 2/15/2012 4:26p).]
tremble
AG
Those look amazing.
Post removed:
by user
LisaMarie
AG
Wearing those only encourages other people to seek them out and promotes the illegal hunting and sale of sea turtles. Every species is endangered. I know they're skin from decades ago, but still. Sad.
LSRR
S
quote:
Wearing those only encourages other people to seek them out and promotes the illegal hunting and sale of sea turtles. Every species is endangered. I know they're skin from decades ago, but still. Sad
Post removed:
by user
schmellba99
AG
quote:
Wearing those only encourages other people to seek them out and promotes the illegal hunting and sale of sea turtles. Every species is endangered. I know they're skin from decades ago, but still. Sad.

Why waste perfectly good skin that will last for decades? I presume you expect me to discard the meat as well, which makes no sense because let's face it - fried sea turtle is about .00001% shy of two chicks at the same time (hot chicks, not mile of meat chicks).
LisaMarie
AG
Meh, I don't expect to change anyone's mind. Just saying.
tremble
AG
quote:
Why do you hate sea turtles?

Racist!
Bondag
AG
Do the 11.5 run big?
LSRR
S
quote:
Do the 11.5 run big?

Couldn't tell you boss.
Clarendon
Lisa Marie is from Dallas and likes sea turtles...

Check her profile.
BBRex
AG
She makes a good point.
AgDrumma07
AG
Not to mention...she's gorgeous!
LSRR
S
quote:
She makes a good point.

So should I not buy a truck that others can't afford because it might prompt them to steal one? Or purchase a valuable painting because it might make someone go buy a forgery? Same "logic".
zap
AG
I had no idea sea turtle boots even existed. They look good though.
Caliber
AG
Here's to you, Mr. Exotic Cowboy Boot Wearer!

http://thefuntimesguide.com/audio/Bud_Light_Real_Men_of_Genius_Mr_Exotic_Cowboy_Boot_Wearer.mp3
TexMex Redass 03
AG
quote:

TAKE IT TO THE PETA BOARD....

Im going to Jesse's this weekend to look in to purchasing the 11.5...

[This message has been edited by TexMex Redass 03 (edited 2/16/2012 8:10a).]
AG
quote:
Wearing those only encourages other idiots to seek them out and promotes the illegal hunting and sale of sea turtles. Every species is endangered. I know they're skin from decades ago, but still. Sad.

"Aggies don't lie, cheat, or steal, nor do they tolerate those who do!" - Aggie Code of Honor
Brotron
After body surfing with sea turtles in a tropical paradise and connecting with many on an almost spiritual level, I have to admit, I am glad there is a ban on hunting them. That being said, those are old boots and they look badass and I would definitely own a pair like those...but I would watch who I told they were made of sea turtle.

[This message has been edited by Brotron (edited 2/16/2012 9:07a).]
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
After body surfing with sea turtles in a tropical paradise and connecting with many on an almost spiritual level
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
After body surfing with sea turtles in a tropical paradise and connecting with many on an almost spiritual level.

Giggity
ArmedAg94
quote:
I am glad there is a ban on hunting them

So no more sea turtle soup or sea turtle scrambled eggs with bacon grease?????

Damn you EPA!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Shhhhaa, dude. Why would you be so unrighteous as to wear my gnarly hide on your feet? So bogus...

HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Lisa Marie is from Dallas

gtfo.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.