Houston
Sponsored by

HLSR Committes...

17,722 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Ducks4brkfast
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just became a member of the HLSR. is anyone here on a committee? Is there any easy path to get put on one of these?
tamulax33
AG
Carnival Ticket Sales Committee

We had our rookie recruiting done by September. If you really want to get on ours send me an email (in my profile) and we can discuss it because we do add people later than that.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Welcome aboard. I am on Poultry Auction and Judging Contest Committee.
TX04Aggie
AG
i think we literally just filled in our last spots from our wait list this week. D&A here.
Bassmaster
AG
Should have become a Ren Fest member instead. They do more good in the community.

[This message has been edited by Bassmaster (edited 11/2/2011 8:54a).]
CATAGBQ04
AG
I just joined as well and would like to jump on a committee...shot you an email

[This message has been edited by CATAGBQ04 (edited 11/2/2011 9:37a).]
Ducks4brkfast
AG
"and Judging Contest Committee"

since when?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I have been hanging around the tent and with a lot of the JCC members the past couple years. This year I decided to join.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
What is D&A?

Tamulax I will send you an email.
El_Gato
AG
Whats the best committees for those who can only work nights?
TX04Aggie
AG
directions and assistance.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
^Corral Club would be a good one for you
CATAGBQ04
AG
Can do nights only as well...anyone on the ag mechanics committee?

I've got some experience with Deere.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
hit me up before the next meeting. i've been on JCC for several years now.
grizzo
AG
This will be my eighth year on Breeders Greeters. We are responsible for the logistics of the livestock show as it pertains to contestants loading and unloading.

I believe it may be too late to get involved with us for the upcoming year, but we do have monthly happy hours to meet the people that make those decisions.
Ag_07
AG
Good to see a nice showing for the JCC on the board!!
Post removed:
by user
tamulax33
AG
Good thing about ctsc is that you sell before rodeo and you sell on your own time. So we can enjoy rodeo.
El_Gato
AG
Anyone served on any of the corral club committees? Any recomendations on which ones would be the best?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
each different club has its own characteristics so it would depend on what you want.

[This message has been edited by Ferris Wheel Allstar (edited 11/2/2011 11:34a).]
Velvet Jones
AG
I'm on JCC too. Scary.
TXAG 05
AG
Gatekeepers is also good if you can only work nights. We only have a few slots left though.
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I could only do nights as well. What is gatekeepers?
flipper
I'm on Coral Club - Club West committee. I have no experience with the others but I like it. Basically I sit there and babysit liquor.
Zeke1995
AG
I am on Transportation, but working only nights would require some shift trading, and the night shift begins at 4:00 pm or so.
tamulax33
AG
Here is our little blurb to interested rookies.

Thank you for your interest in the Carnival Ticket Sales Committee for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo™ (the “Show”). Our committee’s key responsibility is to sell discounted carnival packs with tickets good for games and rides and Reliant Park Admission Tickets before the Show starts. We also solicit donations that fund college scholarships and allow needy children to attend the livestock show and carnival to enjoy rides and games.

Like other sales committees, if you reach the minimum amount of sales required to earn a gold badge, your badge allows you and a guest to enjoy the rodeo and concerts in Reliant Stadium, carnival, livestock show, horse shows and exclusive committeemen clubs. You’ll also receive a parking pass valid for the committeeman’s lot located close to Reliant Stadium. Unlike other committees, our volunteer commitment ends before the Show starts so you can enjoy all 20 days of the Show.

Last year, our committee raised a record breaking $4.67 million and more than $26 million since forming in 1995. Each year, we celebrate our success with a dinner party, music and dancing where we award several prizes based on sales level including the Show’s annual buckle, Show’s annual jacket, silver carnival ticket pin, gift certificates good for Show merchandise, crystal vases, riding in the Grand Entry Parade, etc.

Our 2011 rookie class was very successful: 95% earned their gold badge, 85% earned their buckle, and 58% earned the silver carnival ticket pin. To help you earn your badge and other potential prizes, we offer you several opportunities to work at committee selling events, including the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest and the Show’s downtown parade. We also encourage you to find your own sales opportunities to help achieve your own personal goals and the committee's goal.

Post removed:
by user
tamulax33
AG
Last year I only sold on 4 days:

One table sale (@ reliant - 5pm-9:30pm) - ~$1,200
Parade (7am-11am) - ~$3,000
Two nights at BBQ (fri-sat from 6-9:30) ~$8,000

I easliy made
my badge selling >$4,500
my buckle selling >$7K
my pin for selling >$10K

I was a top producer and I didn't really put too much extra time in it since I had a relatively young baby at the time.
tamulax33
AG
Carnival packs are either $10 or $50. I mostly sell the $50 packs. So $12,000 / $50 = 240 packs.

When you factor in that I sell season passes (includes BBQ), livestock passes and take donations for the Education Fund and for Charity Orgs that sponsor Rodeo Outings... it is pretty easy to hit the goals. Everyone on my team surpassed their goals. My goal was just to get my buckle and I almost doubled it.

[This message has been edited by tamulax33 (edited 11/2/2011 3:54p).]
SouthTexasAg06
AG
On the JCC as well, sort of. I am an Asst. Supt. for one of the contests

Looking forward to it, have participated in the HLSR contests in the past and always enjoyed it.
Post removed:
by user
tamulax33
AG
BBQ: Each team is assigned an area (and sometimes two). But you can just walk around if you don't want to work an assigned area. I worked the East gate on Friday and the Westgate on Sat.

For table sales, it is an exclusive thing to you and one other team member for that night.

For Parade.. it is a free for all. Only about 40 people acutally go out. So it is easy to sell.

[This message has been edited by tamulax33 (edited 11/2/2011 4:38p).]
Nuke LaLoosh
AG
I think the corral club sounds more like something I'd want to do.

I am an account rep IRL so having more sales goals sounds horrible (plus, I wouldn't want to embarrass Tamulax by breaking his record)

How can I get into this (or any other night activity)?

Eff it, I'll sell some tickets... Love a challenge!

[This message has been edited by Nuke laloosh (edited 11/2/2011 6:59p).]

[This message has been edited by Nuke laloosh (edited 11/2/2011 7:02p).]
Post removed:
by user
tamulax33
AG
I didn't mean to say I was a top producer for the committee but more for the rookies last year. But I was no where near the rookie record. That is something like $60K. Some of the top producers were in the $500K+.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.