Houston
Sponsored by

Rainbow Lodge?

1,944 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 16 yr ago by BohunkAg
SuperAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone eaten there recently? Any thoughts/Opinions? Is it worth the price you pay???

TIA
jetch17
AG
didnt they close it and turn it into Brenners?

i ate lunch at Otto's yesterday and saw that over there.
BohunkAg
AG
The Rainbow Lodge moved because the owners of the old location wanted to open their own restaurant (it was a leased location). The restaurant the new owners opened didn't make it I guess and now it is something else. As far as I know the Rainbow Lodge is still open on Ella or somewhere.

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 1/21/2008 2:05p).]
David_Puddy
AG
Bohunk likes going to places associated with rainbows...

BohunkAg
AG
Only ones that are among the classiest restaurants in Houston, Puppy.
tiny94
Rainbow Lodge moved to the old La Tour location on Ella. I've been several times since the move. They still have awesome food and they have really made the location VERY similar to the original.
BohunkAg
AG
Take that, Puddy!!!!
tiny94
I was worried with the move things would change. It is still one of my top 5 favorite places in houston.
Aggie65
AG
Yep, Rainbow Lodge moved to the old La Tour location on Ella. The "old" Rainbow Lodge location is now Brenner's Steakhouse on the Bayou. Even though it is a Fertitta restaurant, I hear it is quite good (and pricey). Of course the building and grounds are still one of most unique in Houston.
Meowzers
Rainbow is near my house. I love sitting on the patio for brunch, weather permitting.

About the rainbow flag....is THAT why the lez pastry chef was chatting me up at Tony's one eve? I was wondering why her 'friend' was getting all butt hurt.
txags92
AG
We had my wife's company christmas party there this year and the food was EXCELLENT. It was too cold to sit outside, but the deck looks to have a really nice cozy little view. I would definately go there again.
rdag04
AG
quote:
The Rainbow Lodge moved because the owners of the old location wanted to open their own restaurant (it was a leased location). The restaurant the new owners opened didn't make it I guess and now it is something else. As far as I know the Rainbow Lodge is still open on Ella or somewhere.

not exactly....The owner of the birdsal location was having personal issues with the owners of rainbow lodge. This had been escalating for sometime and the former Exec. Chef of rainbow (when it was at the memorial location) found financial backers and wrote a business plan for a new restaurant. When the lease was up for Rainbow they moved to the new Ella location.

The chef, along with some other people, opened up The Lodge at Bayou Bend which only was around for about 6 months before the financial backer freaked out and sold to fertitta.

Now its Brenners.

Its a shame, with a location like that I wish it could have stayed an independent restaurant instead of becoming a chain.
BohunkAg
AG
thanks for the info, rdag. Interesting. Wife and I went to it after it had changed to the Lodge at Bayou Bend and it was good....didn't seem like it was crowded though, and it was a Friday night...which was kind of weird.
rdag04
AG
Yeah, they didn't get a lot of business at the lodge after opening...partially b/c there was a lot of misinformation floating around about the restaurant. (which was rumored to have been started by Rainbow lodge). The GM and chef at the Lodge I think are in Dallas now and the pastry chef is at ZaZa.

The food was excellent though....
hombre
Chef moved to Chicago.
rdag04
AG
yeah hombre you are right, i was about to edit the post....Jason (the GM) is in dallas..
BohunkAg
AG
Yeah, we thought the food was great....and the wine list was very good too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.