Metroplex
Sponsored by

1310 The Ticket - Hardline Question

2,046,246 Views | 18995 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Lt. Joe Bookman
Hong Kong Paul
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw Jub Jub at lunch today. We asked him if we could light a firecracker under his chair. He said no. It was worth a shot. Then we told him to have a nice vacation (even though I'm secretly dreading having to listen to Norm in the morning for two weeks. Two hours is about all I can take of Norm).
Hong Kong Paul
Saw Jub Jub at lunch today. We asked him if we could light a firecracker under his chair. He said no. It was worth a shot. Then we told him to have a nice vacation (even though I'm secretly dreading having to listen to Norm in the morning for two weeks. Two hours is about all I can take of Norm).
LHIOB
AG
CJ just gave a pretty good interview...
SoCalAg97
AG
anyone know where's Greggo been? He was gone Friday, didnt do the Cowboys post game show yesterday, and is gone again today.

hope he hasnt relapsed.
CSQ12
AG
explain the "relapse"

I'm a fairly new P1 and I've never heard anything about this.
daffyd
He went to rehab to treat a Vicodin addiction a year or so ago.
SoCalAg97
AG
yeah, i remember when that happened he was gone for a while, and they NEVER talked about it or gave any mention to the fact he was gone, just like now. i havent heard them even say "greggo is out etc..." just no mention of it, at least from what ive heard.
Tobias Funke
AG
What does "P1" mean? I just moved to Dallas a couple months ago and am still yet to figure this out
DTrain
AG
P1: A P1 is a Ticket listener that listens to Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket almost exclusively, a listener who spends more time with Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket than any other station.

http://www.theticket.com/ticktionary.htm
Tree Hugger
AG
When he was out a while back, he had some kind of back surgery. When he did his rehab, he did that over Christmas vacation and didn't tell anyone about it.
H6RBW
AG
I just think that...yeah.
YouBet
AG
Dumbass probably forgot how to get to work.
Trajan88
AG
Did this Greggo character ever do H-town radio (KLOL) in the mid- to late 80s... I remember some dude that went by that name.

Traffic in Bondage's Lenny sez... lights are out at the intersection...treat it as a 4-way stop.... HA!

Trajan88
TAMU '88
Law Hall (may it R.I.P.) Ramp 9 Mule
fup!
aggiechick
On Thurs. or Fri. they just said he had "family business" to take care of......

hmmm???
AG 98
Wasn't it "family business" when Mike was out?

Maybe he's finally taking some time off to get over his allergy problem...I'm so sick of hearing him talk with a stuffed up nose!!
SoCalAg97
AG
yeah, they said "family business" when Mike was out.
chick79
AG
Greggo's been "gone" for several years.......... he's not what he used to be.... I think he still has "issues"........
Bonfire1996
AG
I think it might be his addiction again. He slimmed down a few years ago. But just recently, he dropped another 15-20 pounds very quickly.

Kind of like Chandler on friends. Drug addict, very skinny Chandler was much funnier than hefty, drug free Chandler.
Chewy
AG
I personally hope he's okay, but I'm not missing the guy. Corby knows much more about sports than Greggo does.

Greggo should actually be the yuk monkey and let Corby and Rhynes talk most of the time. Hell, Danny knows more about sports than Greggo.

Greggo's a blithering idiot when it comes to sports opinions. The only thing he has is what he heard on Norm's show earlier or read in the newspapers.
catfan
What was Mike's family business about? Does he only have the one kid at USC?
SoCalAg97
AG
chewy, while i agree that corby knows more about sports, i still love Greggo and Corby in their roles.

corby's greatest for his yuck-monkey bits. but when he talks college football, his OU homerism annoys me.
Orbit
Greggo is down there with Dan in terms of what he brings to the ticket. Honestly I hardly notice when he's gone...hope he doesn't have anything wrong with him and he has his funny moments, but Rhyner & Corby are definitely the ones who carry that show lately.
FJB
AG
I like them in their current roles. Greggo still makes me laugh. Hazmat uniforms.
Slurm
Greggo has been pretty lame lately- not the usual Hammer churning out HSO's.
Corby is all too eager to jump in Greggos spot whenever he can but he always seems to steer the conversation back to stoops or OU or adrian peterson. The dudes funny but crap not every sports story can be related back to OU football somehow
chick79
AG
The Hardline is better with just Corby and Rhynes.....

BaD Radio is better with just Bob and Donovan.....

Get rid of Greggo and Dan and the Ticket can save a ton of cash and still won't miss a beat in the ratings battle.......!
aggolfer
AG
balls hangin down
Slurm
I'm a big fan of the Munsters
culdeus
AG
Mike's family business was his latest divorce.
Old School Brother
greggo knows baseball, but that's about it. corby knows zero about baseball.

oh, and by the way, rhynes is dead. hth.
ac04
what did norm say today that staff is freaking out about? anyone?
FJB
AG
How many times has Rhyner been married? He just got divorced again?
YouBet
AG
quote:
greggo knows baseball, but that's about it.

Hell, I would say he doesn't even know that very well. He doesn't know anymore than your average baseball fan. Pay attention to whenever he and Mike are talking baseball. Greggo will spout an opinion or make a "factual" statement and Mike will either disagree or immediately prove him wrong. Whenever Mike disagrees with him he'll almost always then reverse his opinion and agree with Mike.

The only thing he brings to the table are his grammatical f'ups and random sayings that Corby exposes him on.
sixiron
AG
quote:
oh, and by the way, rhynes is dead. hth.

Actually, Rhyner is dead. Rhynes is alive and well.
Old School Brother
quote:
Actually, Rhyner is dead. Rhynes is alive and well.

dangit, i knew i was going to get that backwards.
SoCalAg97
AG
greggo is greatness in my opinion. if you dont like his sports opinions, at a minimum you have to love him for the e-brakes and drops he provides.

the interview with Chief Kunkel alone has still got to be the greatest e-brake of all time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 543

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.