Metroplex
Sponsored by

Is Goldees worth the drive from the north Dallas burbs?

1,402 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Pilot
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what say you, Texags?
MD1993
AG
Yes, it is.
fc2112
Since I can almost walk there, I'll say yes.
gabehcoud
Yes but I'd wait for a cooler morning. Line will be longer but worth the comfort imo. They provide lawn chairs and free beer while you wait.
Corps_Ag12
AG
gabehcoud said:

Yes but I'd wait for a cooler morning. Line will be longer but worth the comfort imo. They provide lawn chairs and free beer while you wait.

Agreed, but just get there early. Alternatively, they don't advertise this but you used to be able ton order stuff to go and skip the line. Not sure if you still can.

I've been, it's good. But it's a one and done for me. It's far from my house and not worth the wait. Dayne's is just next door in Aledo and Panther City is on South Main in downtown FW and I can typically get in either than those without the wait. Or I can hit the easy button and go to Railhead or Heim.
Aries
Still need to get to Daynes...
Hincemm
AG
Define early?
MD1993
AG
Hincemm said:

Define early?
I got there at 9 and was eating by 11:30.
beatlesphan
AG
Maybe once. I think their sides are next level. But once you get to the top tier of BBQ I don't think there is much difference with the brisket etc. You can go to Terry Blacks for very similar quality of meat but don't have to wait in much of a line
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Corps_Ag12
AG
Had Terry Blacks in Dallas in the spring when we were over there and was pretty impressed. Excited for the Fort Worth one to open so I can go to it maybe twice a year haha
Corps_Ag12
AG
Hincemm said:

Define early?
I've gotten there as early as 8 and been one of the first cars.

The nicer the weather, the later people will show up is what I've found.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Goldies brisket and beef ribs are definitely worth going for. I've hit most of the top bbq places in DFW, Houston, and Austin areas and this is my favorite.
AgsWin2011
AG
I'm definitely going to make trip this fall, even if I have to go sit in a lawn chair and drink beer by myself.

Probably will go on a bye week or when the Ags are playing a night game. Won't be going this weekend. Going to be nearly 100 degrees again…
powerbelly
AG
No BBQ is worth waiting several hours in line for.
fc2112
powerbelly said:

No BBQ is worth waiting several hours in line for.

I agree. I chuckled when someone brags "got there at 6 AM and got my Q at 11:30 but TOTALLY WORTH IT!"

No it isn't.

I used to go to Goldees when they first started up but order to go now.
double aught
AG
Generally I agree with you guys. There are enough high quality places around that don't have lines.

But it can be done right. I went to Franklin's a few years ago with a group of friends. We got there around 6 or 7. Had our lawn chairs, a cooler of beer, the weather was great. We got in to eat around 12, but I could've sat out there all day.

Trying something like that by myself, or with the wife and kids? No way.
The Pilot
AG
double aught said:

Generally I agree with you guys. There are enough high quality places around that don't have lines.

But it can be done right. I went to Franklin's a few years ago with a group of friends. We got there around 6 or 7. Had our lawn chairs, a cooler of beer, the weather was great. We got in to eat around 12, but I could've sat out there all day.

Trying something like that by myself, or with the wife and kids? No way.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.