Metroplex
Sponsored by

DFW area IRS attorney recs

1,931 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Comeby!
amg405
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for recs for an attorney specializing in IRS related issues. The case is semi complex but ultimately resolvable.
mosdefn14
AG
Do you truly need an attorney or a CPA who was an IRS agent before private practice and specializes in working things out?
mavsfan4ever
AG
You can email me at my username @ hotmail.com. I'm an attorney (not a tax attorney). If it's tax litigation, I have small Dallas firm that I typically send my clients to. I can send you their contact info if you want to reach out to them (or am happy to send an intro email).
amg405
AG
mosdefn14 said:

Do you truly need an attorney or a CPA who was an IRS agent before private practice and specializes in working things out?

Great question.

We paid a significant amount of money in federal income tax that the IRS shows as zero.

I have all of the evidence of the movement of money, but am working on the paper trail.
mosdefn14
AG
Happy to put you in contact with the CPA I'm referencing. He'll shoot you straight either way. Username at the mail by the company now called alphabet.
Pinochet
I'm a CPA and I do a lot of work in this area. IRS is rolling out new modules on a service center by service center basis that will allow them to fix the improper processing issues that have plagued the covid era of IRS jackassery. I really don't think you need an attorney. You need a tax firm big enough to have a group that has former high level IRS and Treasury people with a Rolodex of useful names and knowledge of the actual processes (not attorneys or EAs who have experience arguing with revenue agents).
Gigem_94
AG
I would also be interested in getting a referral for someone that could represent the company I work for in dealing with the IRS. Could be a CPA or tax attorney. We manage a bunch of properties for foreign owners and had paid the IRS thousands under FIRPTA but they claim we didn't. We have the receipts.
SuzyQ06
Ryan Schrarar. He's a JD/CPA. Tell him Susan from TYLA/TCYLA referred you.
louisag2002
Pinochet said:

I'm a CPA and I do a lot of work in this area. IRS is rolling out new modules on a service center by service center basis that will allow them to fix the improper processing issues that have plagued the covid era of IRS jackassery. I really don't think you need an attorney. You need a tax firm big enough to have a group that has former high level IRS and Treasury people with a Rolodex of useful names and knowledge of the actual processes (not attorneys or EAs who have experience arguing with revenue agents).

You mind shooting me an email at louisjimenez1987@gmail.com ? Looking for a good CPA/firm referral.
Comeby!
AG
As far as a good CPA, call these Ags.
https://cohesionco.com/about-us/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.