Metroplex
Sponsored by

South Tarrant County - a "mecca" for BBQ?

5,860 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Matsui
_lefraud_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, it is not.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Too bad
AgCMT
AG
Dayne's is currently only a few miles from the house. It was pretty damn good. I really like the Mexicue at Del Norte Tacos in Godley. We used to go there quite a bit when it was BYOB. Haven't been since they changed it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
fc2112 said:

Goldee's is still a multi hour wait. No food is that good to me, not when there are other BBQ options readily available with no wait at all.

Some people really get off on bragging about how long they waited for something - seems weird to me, but OK.
double aught
AG
I waited a few hours with my friends at Franklins one morning. We sat around, joked, drank beer, enjoyed the weather, and had a great time. Then at the end we had some really good barbecue. Pretty good way to spend a Saturday.

But you do have a point about the lines. Only in ideal circumstances like above are they worth it.
Aries
589 BBQ in Weatherford is delicious. They have green chili hominy that is needed in everyone's life.

Will be interested to see how Daynes does when they open. I haven't found any updates but originally they were going to have very limited hours/days. Not that many people actually work in Aledo that can get away for lunch during the week. But I'm ready to try it.
AgCMT
AG
Aries said:

589 BBQ in Weatherford is delicious. They have green chili hominy that is needed in everyone's life.

Will be interested to see how Daynes does when they open. I haven't found any updates but originally they were going to have very limited hours/days. Not that many people actually work in Aledo that can get away for lunch during the week. But I'm ready to try it.
They have a location right now on Camp Bowie at the corner of 2871 (Chapel Rd) & Camp Bowie. It's across from the new JD's Burgers (which is great too.)
Aries
I know. But since I drive by the brick & mortar location daily, I'll wait until that opens.
Corps_Ag12
AG
AgCMT said:

Aries said:

They have a location right now on Camp Bowie at the corner of 2871 (Chapel Rd) & Camp Bowie. It's across from the new JD's Burgers (which is great too.)

It was gone when I drove by on Sunday. My shop is right down the road.
Aries
His truck has been at the brick & mortar for about a week now.
FunkyTownAg
AG
Still Angelos but doesnt compete with Hurtado/Panther City/ Daynes.

Little lesser known joint is Smok-a-holics. Arguably one of the better briskets in town. Brix aint bad either
TXAGBQ76
AG
I used to go to Angelo's many moons ago when I went to my company's home office in Irving and Arlington. Ate many a rack and drank many a fishbowl of ice cold beer. Haven't eaten in Ft Worth noting a long, long, time.
AgCMT
AG
Where is Smoke-aholic? That has a great name!
fc2112
South Fort Worth off I-35. It's a black owned BBQ joint and is awesome.
ftworthag02
AG
https://www.yelp.com/biz/smoke-a-holics-bbq-fort-worth?osq=smoke+aholics
ENG
AG
Corps_Ag12 said:

AgCMT said:

Aries said:

It was gone when I drove by on Sunday. My shop is right down the road.
They are opening up in Aledo
ENG
AG
Bernard Kansas said:

Travis Heim talks trash on Aggies and A&M very frequently on Twitter. I don't give him any of my money. If he did it from his personal account that would be one thing but he does it from the company account. He can run his business / social media however he wants and I can choose to spend (or to not spend) my money wherever I want. Also he is known for pork belly, not brisket. It's hard to screw up bacon. His brisket is nothing special.

There are way better options than Heim. Two of my favorites are Brix and Smoke a Holics.
We were lifers at Heim and likely there once a week a few years back (walking distance on Magnolia). They lost some staff and other barbeque places came with a lot of better options. We just felt there were better options both from bar tenders to food and rarely go back.

I feel Brix is coming on strong
Naveronski
AG
ENG said:

Bernard Kansas said:

Travis Heim talks trash on Aggies and A&M very frequently on Twitter. I don't give him any of my money. If he did it from his personal account that would be one thing but he does it from the company account. He can run his business / social media however he wants and I can choose to spend (or to not spend) my money wherever I want. Also he is known for pork belly, not brisket. It's hard to screw up bacon. His brisket is nothing special.

There are way better options than Heim. Two of my favorites are Brix and Smoke a Holics.
We were lifers at Heim and likely there once a week a few years back (walking distance on Magnolia). They lost some staff and other barbeque places came with a lot of better options. We just felt there were better options both from bar tenders to food and rarely go back.

I feel Brix is coming on strong
Agree with Brix; need to try their brick location.
Matsui
AG
Same
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.