Metroplex
Sponsored by

BBQ MEAT SALE THREAD

8,364 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by agcrock2005
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Kroger thread seemed to have several people paying attention so I figured I'd start a new one that's more generic since Albertson's is having one now.

$.99/lb chicken products (whole birds, thighs, breast, drumsticks)
$.99/lb pork butts

Has anyone seen any brisket sales lately? Kroger had one a couple months ago but they seem to be more and more rare.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Easter weekend I got a 14 pound ribeye roast for $5.99 at Albertsons.
agcrock2005
AG
I got a couple of those too and cut/seals bunch of steaks. Wish they would do that one more often!
mAgnoliAg
AG
agcrock2005 said:

I got a couple of those too and cut/seals bunch of steaks. Wish they would do that one more often!

Did the same. Went boneless on the steaks and packaged the ribs separately. Saved a couple bigger sections for bigger roasts as well.
Cow Pie & Fries
Around Memorial Day weekend Market Street & Kroger will usually have big sales on brisket & ribs!
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Seems like lately it's easy to find a port butt sale, but briskets are few and far between. I need to grab a few next time there's a deal.

Other than those two, what do you guys typically stock in the freezer? Do you also load up on ribs when on sale? I typically only buy butts and briskets.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
agcrock2005
AG
Kroger has:

$.97/lb pork butts
$1.77/lb st. louis spares (with digital coupon)
FincAg
AG
Tom Thumb at 8698 Skillman has $1.99/lb Choice briskets limit 2 through 5/9.
FincAg
AG
When I see it on sale my deep freezer has probably 30 lbs breasts, 20 lbs thighs, 2-4 briskets, 4-6 butts, a dozen steaks, 40-50 lbs ground beef, 10-20 lbs ground sausage, and 5-10 lbs bacon. Plus 6-8 bags of hashbrowns, some shredded and some cubes.

We stock the garage fridge's lower freezer with kids chicken strips, fish sticks, fries, tater tots, and hushpuppies.

The kitchen freezer usually has all the steam veggies and we also keep a healthy stock of frozen battered cut okra.

Everything basically gets replenished based on when sales occur.
agcrock2005
AG
FincAg said:

Dang. I've checked the 3 nearest TT to me and they aren't having that sale.
FincAg
AG
Grand reopening sale for this particular store after a brief remodel.
JaceAG12
FincAg said:

Scored 1 of the last few they had out. Can't pass up that pricing! Thanks for the tip.
agcrock2005
AG
Tom Thumb/Albertson's has $.97.lb pork butts.

Kroger has $1.77/lb spare ribs, but I believe they're whole spares with the chine bone still in them. Not St. Louis.
agcrock2005
AG
Was hoping this was going to happen this week. Amazing the awful pictures they use for their marketing. This brisket is garbage. I've found that if you dig through their briskets you can normally find some pretty good ones.

EDIT: Starts tomorrow

FincAg
AG
Sale begins tomorrow at Krogers. Chicken breasts will be $1.77/lb as well.
agcrock2005
AG
Yes, sorry forgot to mention that. Grocery sales always start on Wednesday.
mosdefn14
AG
My Albertsons/Tom Thumb ad says Choice Brisket in Bag $2.47/ea.

Not /lb.

Think they'll honor it?
agcrock2005
AG
I'll drive my ass there no matter where you are if that's the case!
agcrock2005
AG
Kroger starts their $1.99/lb choice briskets tomorrow, which seems to only happen a couple times of year now.

Thumb is doing $1.87/lb for select if you don't care that it's not going to be very good piece of meat.
FincAg
AG
Our local Kroger is doing 0.69/lb chicken quarters starting tomorrow.
752bro4
AG
Kroger has pork butts for $0.87/lb. in the weekly digital ads.
Streetfighter 02
AG
The butts end today.
Streetfighter 02
AG
Kroger has $1.87/lb choice briskets through 5/28 with digital coupon applied. Limit two per Kroger card and the coupon will get burned if you only buy one.
catfan
Got some $1.99 spare ribs at Aldi. They suck. The STL premium ribs for $2.99 per Lb are way better.
GiantAntsAttack
AG
I picked up the Choice at Kroger, but Tom Thumb also has Prime brisket for 2.97/lb limit 2 for those so inclined.
agcrock2005
AG
FYI, Kroger doing $1.87/lb choice briskets now.
schwabbin
AG
Mavs and brisket Sunday. Let's go
craig09
AG
Thanks for the brisket heads up. Picked one up today while I was out that I'll cook Monday. I have one in the freezer, but I can't pass up a brisket sale.
normaleagle05
AG
agcrock2005 said:

FYI, Kroger doing $1.87/lb choice briskets now.

Nearly half the bin in Wylie on Sunday was prime packages.
aezmvp
Any good deals?
Bernard Kansas
Albertson's/Tom Thumb has prime briskets on sale for $3.49 / lb. I picked one up this morning.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Bernard Kansas said:

Albertson's/Tom Thumb has prime briskets on sale for $3.49 / lb. I picked one up this morning.

Uhhh that's on sale?
fc2112
There is no difference between prime and choice brisket other than the price. They're both tough cuts of meat that have to be smoked low and slow.

Frankly, there's little difference in select either. If you're decent with the smoker, you can make select taste just as good as choice and prime.
sanitariex
AG
fc2112 said:

There is no difference between prime and choice brisket other than the price. They're both tough cuts of meat that have to be smoked low and slow.

Frankly, there's little difference in select either. If you're decent with the smoker, you can make select taste just as good as choice and prime.

agcrock2005
AG
fc2112 said:

This is wrong on so many levels. If you said there is no difference between a bad prime and a really good choice, I would agree with you. Select is nowhere near what you can do with a prime assuming they're both cooked perfectly. Can a select be good? Yes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.