Metroplex
Sponsored by

2022 DCAD

10,797 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 752bro4
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Annual thread.

Guessing a blanket +20-25% market value for all single family houses, and 2-3 cycles of assessed value at +10% to catch up. SFH rentals without a homestead a exemption are going to be screwed.
YouBet
AG
When are these coming out and how do we know if we are getting assessed? We were assessed in 2021 and 2019. I protested last year's and got about $50k knocked off.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
752bro4 said:

Annual thread.

Guessing a blanket +20-25% market value for all single family houses, and 2-3 cycles of assessed value at +10% to catch up. SFH rentals without a homestead a exemption are going to be screwed.

That's just gonna make rents go that much higher to cover the increased taxes. .
Stive
AG
Red Pear DFW Luke said:

752bro4 said:

Annual thread.

That's just gonna make rents go that much higher to cover the increased taxes. .

That's not what drives the taxes up.

(Ducks and runs for cover)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm so excited! If you all aren't paying for a firm to lower your taxes, you need to. They can at least minimize the shock increases.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
drewser95
AG
YouBet said:

When are these coming out and how do we know if we are getting assessed? We were assessed in 2021 and 2019. I protested last year's and got about $50k knocked off.
Should be the 18th for Dallas CAD (notices mailed out 4/15, available on website 4/18).
riverrataggie
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I'm so excited! If you all aren't paying for a firm to lower your taxes, you need to. They can at least minimize the shock increases.

Yes. It's not about what you know it's who you know and their approach has advantages a single person can't work like they can. Been using for about ten years now. Use them regardless if they increase taxes or not.
YouBet
AG
I used a firm last year for the first time which is how I got $50k knocked off. Kind of pissed I never had before.
riverrataggie
AG
Yeah. The DCAD individuals that sit on those hearings aren't elected officials so I don't have time to wine and dine them, take them to Bob's etc so I get the correct treatment.

Hell the person I used told me they used the same exact data I fought and lost with. They gave a 50% discount that first year.

Never looked back.
FincAg
AG
Which firm is that?
riverrataggie
AG
I use Tiffany Hamil. Recommended her to many colleagues and friends. They are good and straight forward.

I know this year is unprecedented, but I ask them to do it even when taxes don't increase, which I think has happened once.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Also looking for protest company recs. Seems there are a lot out there.
dcAg
Just go down to DCAD and protest your taxes. They will knock at least 10% off just for the effort.
Comeby!
AG
Any word on Collin/Denton county?
riverrataggie
AG
Comeby! said:

Y'all are f'ed as well.
Comeby!
2wealfth Man
AG
we had some sales in my neighborhood that were at crazy prices last year. The comps are going to kill me.

Update: 20% increase in appraised value. Big chunk was them increasing the land value.
ac04
Comeby! said:

from www.collincad.org:

Quote:

The range of increases from regions around the State is showing to be 10% to 50% increases. For Collin CAD itself, we are continuing to analyze market data as we prepare to mail our 2022 Appraisal Notices on April 15th. We are anticipating an average home value appraisal increase toward the middle of the range shown in the linked press release, expecting an average increase of 28% to 30%, comparing 2021 to 2022 average home appraisals for the County.
Comeby!
AG
Ouch!
chick79
AG
One of the few times I'm glad I'm over 65.
Ol Jock 99
AG
They are out. Our primary went up 67%....just over $500k INCREASE. Holy hell, pass the Tylenol.
DeLaHonta
AG
Mine went up $115,000 over last year. Wow.
Coates
Bought ours the end of 2018 and never had an increase until this year, only $100k bump. Still way under what we can sell for, but still protesting.
akaggie05
AG
Up 36%. Hillcrest/Campbell area. Oof.
hph6203
AG
Up what I expected. 20%. Trying to thread the needle by getting as much as they can while leaving meat on the bone to get more next year. What good is a 40% hike when you can only take 10 today?

Oddly enough this is the first major improvement value increase I've experienced since owning the home. Lot value has increased 73% in the last 8 years, improvement only 7%. This was a one year 72% increase on improvements.
752bro4
AG
+16% homestead
+9% rental

Hard to argue, but will still fight them both.
riverrataggie
AG
Mine only went up 2% here in Lakewood. Hahaha!

I'm fighting this and asking for money back over the past years! This proves they have been shafting me over the past number of years!

See y'all in court!
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

I'm fighting this and asking for money back over the past years! This proves they have been shafting me over the past number of years!

See y'all in court!
That's because its already in 7 figures you smug m'fer.

We went up 20%.
riverrataggie
AG
YouBet said:

riverrataggie said:

See y'all in court!

We went up 20%.

We are all in this together!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Our dirt went up 140%. From 130 to 312.5.
YouBet
AG
riverrataggie said:

YouBet said:

riverrataggie said:

See y'all in court!

We went up 20%.

We are all in this together!
Now more than ever!
FincAg
AG
hph6203 said:

Lot value has increased 73% in the last 8 years, improvement only 7%. This was a one year 72% increase on improvements.

6 years and our land value is up 233% however improvements are down 33% over the same time period. Overall 48% increase in market value which is about right for our hood and would be on the higher end of what we'd expect to sell for but not a crazy number.

Still going to hire someone since we recently refinanced and our appraisal came in a healthy $75m lower than the CAD. I'd love to get our Desirability down from Excellent.
hph6203
AG
Up 102% overall in 8 years. My lot value has been more than double my improvement value every year since I bought. This is the first year where it hasn't been. That's obviously inverted from most homes. This is the first year where I even have the possibility to protest, but I couldn't even build my house again for what they have listed as the improvement value.

I'll get another 20% bump next year and they'll chill out again for 3 years while I catch up.
Mollie03
AG
I am up 20% in West Richardson based on improvement increase only. Any recommendations on companies to hire to protest? I have done myself before and not had great results.
Pignorant
AG
Up 17% in M Streets.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.