Metroplex
Sponsored by

Appliance Shopping - Sub Zero and Wolf

7,207 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Red Rover
mts6175
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You may also consider Gaggenau appliances if your budget allows. Also, have you considered a panel ready counter depth fridge? There are several manufacturers doing those now.
StateofTexas
AG
We did a full kitchen remodel a year ago and installed built-in Sub Zero, double Wolf Professional ovens, Wolf microwave, Wolf range top and Cove dishwasher. All working great, totally reliable, great quality, wouldn't change a thing. We had a Bertazzoni cooktop previously, cut in for a range top and it's a big difference. I liked the Bertazzoni, but the power and quality of the Wolf was really worth it. We used Jarrell in Dallas.
planoaggie123
AG
Thoughts on the Cove dishwasher?

That is one appliance my wife really likes (its pretty lol) but I am hesitant on with its short history and its also an appliance where we can save a few bucks if we decide it would help (going Bosch vs Cove).
StateofTexas
AG
We had a KitchenAid before, which was nice, but the Cove is quieter and has inside lighting, which my wife likes. I don't know that it makes much difference in the end.
planoaggie123
AG
LOL it is quiet....i found that out the hard way....i was browsing a store and apparently they were running a load and did not put a sign up and i opened it right up and got some water in the showroom...i had NO IDEA it was running...i am use to my old dishwasher that sounds like a storm when it runs....
planoaggie123
AG
Sorry...one more question...any reason you chose Jarrell? Did you "shop around" and try and get any benefits from 'competition' (ie free delivery / less on install / etc)?

We have people at Ferguson, Ed Kellum and Gold Star working on quotes. May see what Jarrell has to say too.
YouBet
AG
planoaggie123 said:

LOL it is quiet....i found that out the hard way....i was browsing a store and apparently they were running a load and did not put a sign up and i opened it right up and got some water in the showroom...i had NO IDEA it was running...i am use to my old dishwasher that sounds like a storm when it runs....
I do this with our Bosch almost every time it's running. Can't hear it at all and I never notice the red light it projects on the floor to let you know it's running.

Luckily it's built so that it shuts off immediately when you open so I never get water on the floor.
StateofTexas
AG
The Cove has a small LED light that shines on the ground - red when it is on, green when it is done.

My BIL had used Jarrell and they work with our contractor, so I admit I didn't really shop it around much.
planoaggie123
AG
Missed this. The cabinet is in total 30" wide. That includes wall to edge. We would have to remove all trim, etc. Short of cabinet recodification we are stuck (every contractor that we have had out agree...they have seen it in other homes in the area over the years).

I would call it unfortunate but we don't do large meals often and we tested and we can do 2 large pizzas in the oven and it fits all casserole dishes, cookie sheets, etc that we own. Just a tight fit but not impact to cooking results.
planoaggie123
AG
We have finalized our appliance list and likely going to order in the next week (two week max b/c of the price increase on 10/1).

We are down to Ed Kellum and Ferguson for purchase. Went to Gold Star and did not care for the showroom or the person we worked with. They also have limited "holding" ability.

With Sub / Wolf there is zero price difference on those appliances and only a $50 difference in total considering the other items (scotsman, hood, and install).

Trying to decide who to go with and what to base that decision on. Both people have been super helpful. Will likely piss someone off which I hate to do.

Anything I should do / ask to try and make the decision easier or does it just become a coin flip?
StateofTexas
AG
Just pick one and go. The sooner you get an order in, the better.
powerbelly
AG
We have always had good experiences with Ed Kellum (same with my parents who have used them for years). IIRC David is who normally helps us.
planoaggie123
AG
I hate it b/c the guy at Ed Kellum (Treyton) has been really great to work with but I think we may end up doing Ferguson since we are leaning towards just finding our own people (painter, carpenter, fabricator, plumber and electrician) and being our own contractor for this job. They are going to work with us on pricing for faucets, sinks, lighting, etc if we buy appliances through them. Ed Kellum can't match that....
StateofTexas
AG
Yikes, you are brave. Good luck.
planoaggie123
AG
We are not doing any demolition or movement of appliances. Just replace appliances; paint existing; slight cabinet modification for fridge; new countertops. Can't be that hard….??
planoaggie123
AG
Appliances purchased. Wallet hurts. Everything back ordered to May 2022. Later than I hoped.
agcrock2005
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Appliances purchased. Wallet hurts. Everything back ordered to May 2022. Later than I hoped.
That sucks. Just closed on our 11-month build (supposed to take 5) two days ago. Supply chain for EVERYTHIGN is totally jacked up. I'm sure you'll be happy when they finally do arrive however!
HarleySpoon
AG
agcrock2005 said:

planoaggie123 said:

That sucks. Just closed on our 11-month build (supposed to take 5) two days ago. Supply chain for EVERYTHIGN is totally jacked up. I'm sure you'll be happy when they finally do arrive however!
I'm in month nine of an eight month build……hoping for Thanksgiving. Ordered appliances last December….they have all arrived.
agcrock2005
AG
HarleySpoon said:

agcrock2005 said:

planoaggie123 said:

I'm in month nine of an eight month build……hoping for Thanksgiving. Ordered appliances last December….they have all arrived.
Weird times for the industry for sure. Was supposed to be in for my 40th in June, My kids 5th in July, my kids 4th in September and just got in two days ago. I upgraded all of my appliances so ironically they all arrived way early while all the other folks are waiting on their GE stuff.
HarleySpoon
AG
agcrock2005 said:

HarleySpoon said:

agcrock2005 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Weird times for the industry for sure. Was supposed to be in for my 40th in June, My kids 5th in July, my kids 4th in September and just got in two days ago. I upgraded all of my appliances so ironically they all arrived way early while all the other folks are waiting on their GE stuff.
My appliances took about five months and have been sitting for four…..all Therador….and a couple of Bosch dishwashers.
planoaggie123
AG
We had planned for an April remodel. Now probably mid-May. Bosch could be July which is crazy. Hoping maybe just maybe things will improve in the coming months and the rate of appliance build will improve.

Now remodel will probably be during my wife's bday (40th) but it's just life right now. We had planned originally to be done in 2020 but COVID arrived and we slammed on the breaks and waited for things to recover including my own company.
txaggrad1994
AG
Did you end up purchasing Sub-Zero/Wolf?
10andBOUNCE
AG
We purchased a Fisher Paykel cabinet front fridge, an alternative to the high priced built in options. Crossing our fingers since refrigerators these days seem to be more bad than good.

On the Supply Chain side, we just received the fridge this week after a May order. We also will be receiving our Cafe gas range next week - originally told Jan 2022 but they beat that estimate. Now just waiting on the Bosch cabinet front dishwasher to complete everything hopefully by Christmas.
txaggrad1994
AG
10andBOUNCE said:

We purchased a Fisher Paykel cabinet front fridge, an alternative to the high priced built in options. Crossing our fingers since refrigerators these days seem to be more bad than good.

On the Supply Chain side, we just received the fridge this week after a May order. We also will be receiving our Cafe gas range next week - originally told Jan 2022 but they beat that estimate. Now just waiting on the Bosch cabinet front dishwasher to complete everything hopefully by Christmas.

How is your FP and Cafe range working out for you? I
Red Rover
AG
Late to this thread, but my $0.02: I hate the high-end appliances these days. They don't appear to be much more durable than upper crust "regular" brands, so you're just paying for the looks of it. That's important for my wife, so we have fancy everything. Our built-in Viking refrigerator needs a new HV board and inverter, and likely a new compressor which I think had a short that broke the other two. We've been using coolers as our refrigerator for a couple of weeks now. It's been quite a pain.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.