Metroplex
Sponsored by

Vet recommendations?

1,121 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jograki
ProudAg16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be picking up a 1.5 year old Brittany in a couple of weeks and am looking for a vet. I'm located in northwest Lake Highlands.
Any recs or advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
schwabbin
AG
Dr. Murray and his partner at Abrams Royal Animal Clinic are both Aggies and have been great over the years.
Ol Jock 99
AG
We go to Hillside on Mockingbird and Skillman(ish). It is big-box vet care, but there is always someone there. 90% of the docs are Aggies (shocking I know).
GarlandAg2012
AG
Also go to Hillside. 24/7 availability is the reason why. Their pricing is, I'm sure, about standard to slightly high. The care can be a bit impersonal at times (probably made worse because of curbside). But I think they always have the best interest of the animals at heart.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
annieag91
AG
Holt Vet on SMU Blvd and Greenville Ave, been our vet for 20 years. Love those Aggies! Very nice facility.
supermanrv
AG
Another perk of Hillside is that they are open 24/7, and your late night visits will not cost an arm and a leg compared to other vet urgent/emergency clinics.
Oruc Reis
AG
Robert Hawthorne @ White Rock Animal hospital. Good Ag and incredible vet.
BrianDemarais
AG
Another vote for Hillside, the 24/7 is extremely clutch. Sometimes it might be an odd time, but if you need to make an appointment they can always fit you in within that day or the following.....For Vaccinations and heart worm prescriptions, I recommend looking at the schedule for community pet out reach. It's a mobile vet that stations at different locations around town on Saturdays and Sundays. Much cheaper than any vet offices, you just have to show up and stand in line- https://www.communitypetoutreach.com/vettruck.html
BR 82
Agree on Hillside, though have had one terrible experience, so there is a possibility of a dud vet. I recommend Dr. New if you have flexibility in scheduling an appointment, she's incredible. Otherwise, they're always open and don't surcharge for late nights or weekends and most of the vets are Ags.
GarlandAg2012
AG
BR 82 said:

Agree on Hillside, though have had one terrible experience, so there is a possibility of a dud vet. I recommend Dr. New if you have flexibility in scheduling an appointment, she's incredible. Otherwise, they're always open and don't surcharge for late nights or weekends and most of the vets are Ags.
Have also had a great experience with Dr. New.
the_batman26: I guess yall need this, its something to take pride in. At least the Feds trusted us with the Space Center; and I seem to recall the Feds not having the best time in Dallas.
jograki
AG
Another vote for Hillside. Dr Nollen was my vet until my senior dog passed, will go back to him if we get another one!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.