Metroplex
Sponsored by

Aggie owned lawn service

4,177 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by LoneStarAg17
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My lawn is a disaster. I've followed Neil Sperry for years, but my St Augustin is a mess. Any Aggie owned lawn businesses out there? I do three mowing, so just looking for fertilization and other seasonal treatments.
sburg2007
Where are you located?
Scriffer
AG
North Dallas at Frankford and the Tollway
sburg2007
I know Lush Landscapes Concepts is Aggie owned and operated. Contact Chris at 469-644-3446. When I was in Plano they did some work for me. I'd love to help, but I'm south of Fort Worth.
ravingfans
AG
Scriffer said:

My lawn is a disaster. I've followed Neil Sperry for years, but my St Augustin is a mess. Any Aggie owned lawn businesses out there? I do three mowing, so just looking for fertilization and other seasonal treatments.

Is your grass in heavy shade? How much do you water?
Scriffer
AG
Thanks sburg. I'll give him a call

Raving, full sun all day. Watering 2x / week based on whatever Rachio calculates

Edit: I've fought off chinch bugs two years in a row, dealt with brown patch and TARR once each. Now nutsedge is somehow invading.
ravingfans
AG
Scriffer said:

Raving, full sun all day. Watering 2x / week based on whatever Rachio calculates

Edit: I've fought off chinch bugs two years in a row, dealt with brown patch and TARR once each. Now nutsedge is somehow invading.

Full sun, you would be better off with Bermuda. Don't know much about the bugs, brown patch TARR and nutsedge, but could you be overwatering, perhaps?
TexAggee05
AG
https://bairringtonlandscaping.com/
Post removed:
by user
big ben
AG
Soils Alive is legit
ChoppinDs40
AG
Scriffer said:

you've got some irrigation and water problems if you're fighting all of that.

chinch bugs invade when it gets hot. Just put down insecticide for that - buy at home depot for like $20 and use a hand spreader if you don't have one.

brown patch is common in ALL St. Augustine yards, especially if you have drainage issues. Usually this is a result of two things, 1) you're overwatering, 2) it's rained a ton. Brownpatch affects yards in the fall as it is a fungus that grows when the night time temps get cooler and the yard is wet. Sometimes, especially further south (Houston, BCS, etc.) you can't really avoid it with heavy rainfall.

TARR is also something that just happens. Could easily come from your neighbors yard. I had to get mine treated for TARR when we first moved in. Soils Alive did a great job and our yard is the best on the block.

If you're in full sun, 2x/week on St. Augustine is going to make your yard look like chit right now with the little amount of rain we're having.

I'm running mine 3 days a week, 2 long cycles each early in the AM.
BrianDemarais
AG
Buddy of mine has a lawn care company doing the chemical treatment for soil and grass. He went to Georgia, but his parents are Aggies

https://victoryturftx.com/
Scriffer
AG
Thanks choppin. Had a guy out who basically said the same thing. I'm bumping the watering way up and adding one sprinkler head to help with coverage.
TMfrisco
AG
If you need any more help, let me know. I do fertilizer and chemical applications for a select few people - family, friends, neighbors, other Aggies.
Scriffer
AG
Thanks for the offer Frisco, but I missed it and signed up with a local company. (My subscription expired, but for some reason the stars remain; so no watch list.)

I've been watering the crap out of it for the last week, and it's recovering strongly. Just need to find some sod squares to throw down, and hopefully I'll be on my way.
Ar0913
AG
Do you by any chance work on irrigation systems?
planoaggie123
AG
Bumping this thread.

I know its winter but I am growing extremely frustrated with my lawn.

St Augustine.

Every other year it looks miserable.

We pay a ton for fertilizing group and they just dump chemicals, blame it on water, and move along.

Anyone that has any companies they like let me know. Currently using Chorbie....
ftworthag02
AG
contact your local site one landscape and they can give you a name.
turfaggie24
AG
I know of several and they got their degrees from A&M in turf. PM me and I'll be happy to help!
"Anymore questions you wanna ask?"-John Wayne

LoneStarAg17
AG
Scriff, who'd you end up going with? We're pretty close, I'm in a similar situation. Throwing in the towel this year.
TMfrisco
AG
LoneStarAg17 said:

Scriff, who'd you end up going with? We're pretty close, I'm in a similar situation. Throwing in the towel this year.
What are you looking for?
LoneStarAg17
AG
General upkeep, mow/trim and weed killing / fertilizing as needed.

I was getting it to a good spot, then fell off last year and haven't even touched it this year. (other than mowing it a few times) and the weeds are taking back over.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.