Metroplex
Sponsored by

2020 DCAD

11,268 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 752bro4
752bro4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

2020 "Current Value" are available on Customer Service computer screens and DCAD Website for accounts mailed value notices on April 13, 2020.
We seemed to miss the wrath of DCAD last year, bracing for the full 10% increase in taxable and higher than that in market increase.
drewser95
AG
I wouldn't put too much weight on that April 13th date:
Quote:

DCAD is reviewing the 2020 Appraisal Notices and Protest Process. A date for mailing Notices and releasing the 2020 Values have not yet been determined. The date is likely to be the end of May, depending on when the shelter-in-place order is lifted and/or if the State (Governor Office or State Comptroller Office) provides any guidance to Appraisal Districts.

HEALTH ALERT: Dallas Central Appraisal District Operations EFFECTIVE 4-3-2020
jsdaltxag
YouBet
AG
752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

2020 "Current Value" are available on Customer Service computer screens and DCAD Website for accounts mailed value notices on April 13, 2020.
We seemed to miss the wrath of DCAD last year, bracing for the full 10% increase in taxable and higher than that in market increase.

Which could be awkward amidst the largest economic slide since the Great Depression.
Robert C. Christian
AG
YouBet said:

752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

Which could be awkward amidst the largest economic slide since the Great Depression.
Values are based on January 1, 2020 valuation, so expect an increase. In Rockwall, people who live in houses valued between 200k-400k are being told (from the mayor) the average increase is 15%.
ChoppinDs40
AG
The property tax increases in Texas cities in the last 5 years is highway robbery. And collusion by our state representation.

Maybe I'm dense but tell me how our budget shortfall has been 15% every year for the last 5+ years.

Money grab.
wangus12
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

YouBet said:

752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

Values are based on January 1, 2020 valuation, so expect an increase. In Rockwall, people who live in houses valued between 200k-400k are being told (from the mayor) the average increase is 15%.
Thats insane. My wife and I are preparing to buy our first home and I really don't see the point with the way all the taxation (is theft) is going
Robert C. Christian
AG
wangus12 said:

YouBet said:

752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

Thats insane. My wife and I are preparing to buy our first home and I really don't see the point with the way all the taxation (is theft) is going
Well, good news for you is that it is about to be a buyers market.
schwabbin
AG
wangus12 said:

YouBet said:

752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

Welcome to home ownership
hph6203
AG
wangus12 said:

YouBet said:

752bro4 said:

DCAD Calendar:
Quote:

April 13, 2020

I've enjoyed a 10% minimum increase in my taxable value every year I've owned my home. That's 5 years running. This is the first year where my taxes may not increase 10%, because I don't have carry forward from last year, but I'll be surprised if that's the case.
Phat32
AG
They are going to be shot if they raise taxes the max with the way the economy is currently going.
riverrataggie
AG
yukmonkey said:

They are going to be shot if they raise taxes the max with the way the economy is currently going.

You underestimate the IQ of Dallas government workers
YouBet
AG
yukmonkey said:

We voted ourselves 3 tax increases last year for DISD. We are a Democrat stronghold. Democrats love taxes.

Get ready to grab your ankles.
752bro4
AG
Bump for tomorrow.
permabull
AG
Phat32
AG
Mollie03
AG
They are posted. No change from 2019 for me. I am in Richardson.
riverrataggie
AG
We did a project so ours increased 15% here in Lakewood. Looks like I'm gonna fight it again.

The problem is they keep increasing land value.
permabull
AG
752bro4
AG
+4.25%, pretty close to my sales price 3+ years ago

I'll still fight it, but way better than I was expecting.
BR 82
No change for us, in Lake Highlands. For some reason, I thought our realtor told us that our 2020 appraisal would rise to the price we bought the house for last summer, which was a decent amount over the appraisal.
FincAg
AG
Land value doubled for us in LStreets. They took their 10%. No way we could sell at the price they are valuing, a 28% over our purchase in 2015, even without covid.
Red Rover
AG
Very small change to what I fought for last year. First time in 5 years that I'm not pissed about the appraisal. It looks like an actual honest value that we could get for our home.
hbc07
AG
$0 change for me this year. From my "Notice of Appraised Value"....

The percentage difference between the 2015 appraised value of $xxx,xxx and the proposed 2020 appraised value is an increase of 59.72% over a 5-year period.

So really it was an increase of 59.72% over 4 years given no change this year.
powerbelly
AG
We are in lake highlands and could probably get 20% over purchase price in 2017. The neighborhood is going crazy.
OldAg93
AG
+12.8% in Preston Hollow, incl another land bump. It's crazy to think that my land value alone is 6.5x what it was assessed at when I bought the place in 1998.
BIMS O1
AG
11% jump in far north Dallas. Since 2017 we have jumped 25%.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
akaggie05
AG
Also FND, no change this year. Up 61% since 2015. Feels like they're just taking a breath before getting out the ramrod again next year.
FincAg
AG
Lake Highlands is big, and some pockets are more prized and remodeled, but down here in the L Streets, our 1/3rd acre corner lot is worth more that the house my two toddlers are attempting to destroy. I will say, for being 65 years old our little home was well built. That being said, I wouldn't pay what they have us at for a 1500sqft home partially updated in the 90s and 1955 bathrooms.
powerbelly
AG
FincAg said:

Lake Highlands is big, and some pockets are more prized and remodeled, but down here in the L Streets, our 1/3rd acre corner lot is worth more that the house my two toddlers are attempting to destroy. I will say, for being 65 years old our little home was well built. That being said, I wouldn't pay what they have us at for a 1500sqft home partially updated in the 90s and 1955 bathrooms.

They are starting to do tear downs in the L Streets. When that happens the land values always seem to rise on the tax roles.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Pretty confused about mine. Land went up 28% but improvement dropped 60% so my market value is down ~5.6%...so my taxable value is actually down but they are clearly paving the way forward as they increase the value of the improvement. Also my tiny little odd shaped lot is worth no where near what they say. Ugh.

Located in Lakewood.
riverrataggie
AG
They did this to me last year. At 43/sq ft now.

What street are you on?
hph6203
AG
Still shows 2019 for me. Don't know if that means I should expect flat value or if it means I need to wait for the updated value.
Carlo4
AG
OldAg93 said:

+12.8% in Preston Hollow, incl another land bump. It's crazy to think that my land value alone is 6.5x what it was assessed at when I bought the place in 1998.

Buy low and sell high.
DeLaHonta
AG
Land held steady, improvement went up 11% for me. What a joke. I'd sell it to the county for what it's appraised at.

Will be filing a formal protest for sure.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.