Metroplex
Sponsored by

Top 100 Restaurants In Texas According To Yelp

2,484 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Vade281
Vade281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not gonna lie...I've only heard of a few of these. I do intend to try the ones in Carrolton and the Casa Mia near the house.

https://yelpblog.com/2019/03/top-100-places-to-eat-in-texas-according-to-yelp
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Post removed:
by user
wbt5845
AG
FWIW - I use Yelp, and the cheaper and more unknown a restaurant is, the better a Yelp review it gets. So these are more of a "good value" rather than "best" restaurants. Tony's in Montgomery is a good example - really good huge sandwiches for less than $10 - great value, great sandwiches, but not one of the top 100 restaurants in Texas.
Vade281
AG
Right. To me, it's about finding the unknowns and exploring new places.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
TresPuertas
AG
Vade281 said:

Right. To me, it's about finding the unknowns and exploring new places.

In regards to that list I would tell you that whatever formula they use is terrible. Yelp is notoriously ridiculous because people are idiots. Lots of 5 star reviews on there because someone had a good experience at Wendy's one time, or hipster urban dudes who think they're cool because they are eating at a local place in the hood.

I've had a grand total of about 3 5-star meal experiences in my life and only 1 of those was in Texas.

Now, that being said, there was one entry on there that was deserving and it's Yia Yias House of Gyros in Mesquite. That place is badass
wbt5845
AG
A 5 star review on Yelp is rarely actually a 5 star meal.

But Yelp can often guide you towards a place you've never been before that is often very good.
FincAg
AG
Granted I live in Dallas and we have two little ones so it not like Mrs FincAg and I go out to eat a lot, but I don't know a single restaurant on that list.
aggolfer
AG
wbt5845 said:

A 5 star review on Yelp is rarely actually a 5 star meal.

But Yelp can often guide you towards a place you've never been before that is often very good.
This. Just looked up Hugs Cafe in McKinney, I have never heard of it \

https://hugscafe.org/

PatAg
AG
Sure seemed like it was a "how many non-traditional places can we name" list
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
That's a really bad list.
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
powerbelly
AG
FincAg said:

Granted I live in Dallas and we have two little ones so it not like Mrs FincAg and I go out to eat a lot, but I don't know a single restaurant on that list.
It is a garbage list.
bert harbinson
AG
TresPuertas said:

Yelp is notoriously ridiculous because people are idiots. or hipster urban dudes who think they're cool because they are eating at a local place in the hood.

Nailed it.
ac04
you can't lump cities in together like this. a 5* in dallas is not the same thing as a 5* in waco.
wbt5845
AG
powerbelly said:

FincAg said:

It is a garbage list.
In other words - a list of places I haven't heard of so they must suck.
powerbelly
AG
Ive been to all but one of the dallas places on the list. They arent in the top 100 in Dallas much less the state. HTH
752bro4
AG
ac04 said:

you can't lump cities in together like this. a 5* in dallas is not the same thing as a 5* in waco.

FTAG 2000
AG
We've hit a fair number of the places in north DFW by chance. Wouldn't put any of them on a top list in the Metroplex, much less the state.
Ol Jock 99
AG
And now, the 25th best restaurant in the Great State of Texas .... (drumroll) ... Yia Yia's House of Gyros in Mesquite!!!!
TresPuertas
AG
I'll come here to defend this place.... sort of.

It's certainly not a top 25, let alone 100, in the state, but it's DAMN good.

My job takes me all over the place and being down in that part of the world I decided to stop in and have lunch. The Greek food is phenomenal and the owners are such nice people.

If you're ever down there stop and give it a try.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Have any of y'all tried Frank? It's the only Dallas option that really intrigued me. It's a supper club set up by 3 former masterchef contestants/participants.

https://frankunderground.com/about-frank
tl1127
AG
My wife and I have been twice. It's a great experience with fantastic food. It can be tough to get in with their lottery system, but we've had a couple of friends get in on their first try.
Vade281
AG
I had Tommy Tamles last week, and probably the best tamales I've ever had. +1 for the habenero.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.