Metroplex
Sponsored by

Billy Bob's Ticket Scalping - Tyler Childers 4/5 (wtb)

945 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by TheOC16
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needing some advice here. A large group of my friends - half from CenTex and half from Louisiana - were planning on meeting in Forth Worth on April 5th and going to the Tyler Childers concert at Billy Bob's. Well, the Louisiana crew wisely purchased their tickets well in advance (for like $18) while us Texas people procrastinated and now it's sold out.

Now the tickets are going for $90 on secondary markets. We're not going to pay 5x the original price. What I need to know is if there's any chance of getting them cheaper if we just show up the night of the show? Do people walk around the venue scalping? Does anyone have any experience/recommendations on a way to get some tickets? I'm obviously willing to pay more than the original price, but not close to $100.

I need at least 3 - might be more but 3 is my priority.
mAgnoliAg
AG
No chance at that. I was shocked when I looked like a month ago and that showed sold out. I like the guy but I didn't know that many other people did. You're gonna have to pay up
TheOC16
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

No chance at that. I was shocked when I looked like a month ago and that showed sold out. I like the guy but I didn't know that many other people did. You're gonna have to pay up

Thanks, good to know. Yeah, I knew a lot of people liked the guy, but I also didn't think it would sell out. I didn't really think Billy Bob's did sell out.

Guess we gotta' decide if it's worth $90... the concert's probably not, but making the weekend we'd had planned for a while with friends from another state might force our hand.
Old School Brother
TheOC16 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Thanks, good to know. Yeah, I knew a lot of people liked the guy, but I also didn't think it would sell out. I didn't really think Billy Bob's did sell out.

Guess we gotta' decide if it's worth $90... the concert's probably not, but making the weekend we'd had planned for a while with friends from another state might force our hand.
Me either. We've been planning to go to this show. Friend of mine has some radio station connection that is supposed to give him tickets for us, but I told them before that it was no big deal if not, because it's not like billy bob's sells out. apparently, we were wrong. hopefully, his connection comes through...but if he doesn't, not a huge deal. i've never been a huge fan of billy bob's as a venue.
TheOC16
AG
Old School Brother said:

TheOC16 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Me either. We've been planning to go to this show. Friend of mine has some radio station connection that is supposed to give him tickets for us, but I told them before that it was no big deal if not, because it's not like billy bob's sells out. apparently, we were wrong. hopefully, his connection comes through...but if he doesn't, not a huge deal. i've never been a huge fan of billy bob's as a venue.

Yeah, it's definitely not the best place to see a concert. Every time I've gone it's been a lot of fun and I'd say it's a great "experience", but just in terms of music you're right, it's not a great "venue".
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.