Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lakewood vs. DAC

29,856 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by progress
bdenby
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The answer is DAC.
1. Better practice facilities. DAC has the best practice facilities in DFW for that price point.
2. Cost. Initiation and dues. DAC is also a no-assessment club.
3. DAC junior memberships change to full memberships without an additional membership fee.
4. 2 courses.
5. You can always find a game at DAC. Plus monthly MGA tournaments where you meet a bunch of people.
6. Both DAC courses are better than Lakewood.
7. If you're a good player, the players at DAC are considerably better.
8. More young people at DAC.
9. Lakewood is more prestigious, but it's only due to the neighborhood. If DAC was located where Royal Oaks or Northwood are the initiation would be $85,000 minimum.
aggielostinETX
AG
Please stop joining DAC.
“A republic, if you can keep it”

AggieKatie2 said:
ETX is honestly starting to scare me a bit as someone who may be trigger happy.
flyingaggie12
AG
I think DAC has a wait list.
Stymied
AG
Current wait list is 80+ though not all of them are waiting for golf access. Most are though.

Junior memberships are "indefinitely paused". While they have historically been a great deal, I doubt another junior member gets in any time soon. Initiation fees are going to move up again pretty soon too.
ram8589
AG
That is a bummer about Junior Memberships. Chances it'll open back up for the under 35 crowd? I was hoping to join the waitlist soon..
Stymied
AG
I doubt it. The backlog of people willing to pay full membership is quite long. I wouldn't be surprised if the junior membership is eventually changed too to line up to many of the other clubs in town (junior initiation up front with remainder of full initiation due at a certain age).
Legend
AG
bdenby said:

The answer is DAC.
1. Better practice facilities. DAC has the best practice facilities in DFW for that price point.
2. Cost. Initiation and dues. DAC is also a no-assessment club.
3. DAC junior memberships change to full memberships without an additional membership fee.
4. 2 courses.
5. You can always find a game at DAC. Plus monthly MGA tournaments where you meet a bunch of people.
6. Both DAC courses are better than Lakewood.
7. If you're a good player, the players at DAC are considerably better.
8. More young people at DAC.
9. Lakewood is more prestigious, but it's only due to the neighborhood. If DAC was located where Royal Oaks or Northwood are the initiation would be $85,000 minimum.
#9 is correct. DAC beats Lakewood on most metrics. The location is the difference. It impacts the prestige and membership. Only reason to join Lakewood is if you live in Lakewood and want to be in the neighborhood club. If you are located in-between clubs, then DAC probably a good call.
_______________________ Larry Legend
NotNewToDallasAnymore
Lakewood is a garbage club. Long rounds crowded and the course is crab grass. Last time I played there it was a 5.5 hour round and we couldn't take carts on their crab grass
NotNewToDallasAnymore
No clue what you are talking about. My analyst literally got into Lakewood a few months ago emailed the membership director didn't know a soul just moved to Dallas got in a few days latter because he could pay cash. The people waiting don't have the full amount for a full membership and plan to pay it off and it's not 80 closer to 25
YouBet
AG
HoustonToDallas said:

No clue what you are talking about. My analyst literally got into Lakewood a few months ago emailed the membership director didn't know a soul just moved to Dallas got in a few days latter because he could pay cash. The people waiting don't have the full amount for a full membership and plan to pay it off and it's not 80 closer to 25
I assume this is the Intermediate membership then. The full Shareholder membership is way higher than 25K.
Ed Harley
AG
HoustonToDallas said:

You have no clue what you're talking about. Every bit of this is false. There are tons of people who can pay cash who are on the waitlist, and have been on the waitlist for years. And full membership is absolutely $75k plus. Your analyst is lying to you if this is what he told you. And you're naive for believing it. You honestly think that all of east Dallas is wrong, and your whippersnapper analyst just happened to crack the code?

And just one final point: you have to be sponsored by two equity members who verify you can pay. It's nonsense that he's telling you that most people want to do it layaway style.

ETA: I just read other posts of yours on other boards. Your obsession with Lakewood CC is insane. And, for what it's worth, you might want to get your story straight: in one of your posts, you acknowledge an $85k initiation fee for Lakewood, even though your "analyst" snagged it for a smooth $25k.
Pignorant
AG
HoustonToDallas said:

You sure you're not confusing Lakewood with Dallas Athletic Club?
Phat32
AG
If Lakewood is $25K cash then I will join tomorrow
aggielostinETX
AG
HoustonToDallas said:

He did a Junior membership.

Balance due at 35 or 40.
YouBet
AG
AggieLostinDallas said:

HoustonToDallas said:

He did a Junior membership.

Balance due at 35 or 40.

Had to be as I asked earlier. On another thread he said LCC was $85k so he either is confused or really bitter.
aggielostinETX
AG
This guy might be the most "Uptown Dallas" person from Houston I have ever seen.
grego
AG
He does it on every thread he's on. Seems very intent on telling random internet people how rich and powerful he is.

Gtfo.
grego
AG
Btw - played the Blue Course at DAC today and it was really good.
dc509
AG
Any LCC Ags around? My wife and I moved into the neighborhood last May, and would like to get on the waitlist but that has proven significantly more challenging than expected. I'm happy to buy beers to discuss.
clobby
AG
How's DAC for a small family? Worth it for the events/pool stuff?
bblake06
AG
progress
AG
clobby said:

How's DAC for a small family? Worth it for the events/pool stuff?
big time worth it.

tons of us are at Family Night (Wednesday night buffet - no charge for any kids under 12) and in the summer it's pool time many days out of the week.

Getting in now even as a Social member will help you get higher up on the Golf (if you ever wanted to join) and Tennis waitlists.

They recently made 3 tiers of memberships:
Social (5k initiation i believe)
Tennis (15k)
Golf (25-35k depending on age. 35 is the cut off for junior memberships, but they basically have said they don't anticipate many junior memberships opening up off the wait list)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.