Metroplex
Sponsored by

Questions about Frisco

9,729 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by erin2003
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

PlanoAg98 said:

Just as the statewide Houston <<< Dallas battle continues...

the Dallas suburb battle continues as well.

Plano >>> Frisco <<< Prosper/McKinney
I'm just gonna drop the Lucas bomb!

Jk, we couldn't afford that so we're in Plano. But my SO teaches at Lovejoy so I say Lucas to sound wealthy

My sister just built her house in Lucas but in the Lovejoy school district..
Mateo84
AG
Frisco traffic is no different than any other suburb in DFW, especially if it involves commuting to downtown Dallas or something similar. Frisco is a great place to live and work. There's a reason so many people and businesses are now (or soon will be) calling Frisco home.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'll be selling a home in Lovejoy this spring. It's in Allen on a little over 1/4 acre. Most of Lovejoy ISD in Lucas and Fairview are 1 acre minimum lots because they're on septic. Built in 2010, just under 4100 sqft.
Take the trash out staff.
HomeFinderCody
Sponsor
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I'll be selling a home in Lovejoy this spring. It's in Allen on a little over 1/4 acre. Most of Lovejoy ISD in Lucas and Fairview are 1 acre minimum lots because they're on septic. Built in 2010, just under 4100 sqft.
I'm here if you need me! :-)
Sponsor Message: Need real estate help in North Texas? Click Here to Save $500
ILikeTacos
AG
Adam while I am sure you probably already have a Realtor, and I really don't want to step on a forum sponsor's toes, I hope you know there are really only two good groups to go with in Lovejoy ISD. Be smart about your realtor choice and it will move a WHOLE LOT FASTER. This speaking as someone who has sold a home in Lucas in 2018, and watched two very good couple friends also try to sell and comparing the performances.

PM me if you need a rec and if you don't go with Cody.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Thanks Cody, I appreciate it!

We have a realtor that we've worked with for over a decade and through multiple transactions.

He's retiring soon, so if we leave our next home (hopefully it's our retirement home) we'll certainly reach out.

Thanks!
Garrelli 5000
Garrelli 5000
AG
I do know that a home in my neighborhood one street over was pulled form the market recently. Their realtors advertise that they specialize in Lovejoy ISD.

Based on the photos they elected to try to sell that home, I'd fire my realtor on the spot if he did something as stupid as their realtors put up. Crappy photoshops, pictures of drawings of the flowers planted in the yard, etc. Just really odd missteps.

ILikeTacos
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

I do know that a home in my neighborhood one street over was pulled form the market recently. Their realtors advertise that they specialize in Lovejoy ISD.

Based on the photos they elected to try to sell that home, I'd fire my realtor on the spot if he did something as stupid as their realtors put up. Crappy photoshops, pictures of drawings of the flowers planted in the yard, etc. Just really odd missteps.

Yeah it can make all of the difference in the world. Good Pictures tell a story, which is why I was happy with the photographer our realtor (It was the Grisak Group, they have helped me sell two houses, Tom Grisak can be interesting but he knows his stuff does get attention). Our house sold at a time when nothing has been moving in the neighborhood for a lot more than it was supposed to, and I think a lot had to do with the pics. They are still up on the zillow link actually:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1410-Caman-Park-Dr-Lucas-TX-75002/120740629_zpid/
Garrelli 5000
AG
Nice looking home!
erin2003
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

erin2003 said:

Just to throw out another option - Flower Mound
I commute to uptown in about 40 minutes both ways (multiple routes)
Excellent schools
Nice town amenities
$550k will get either a new build 3000 sq.ft. or larger existing home w/ .25 acre +

How much are the homes as you get closer to Lake Grapevine? Some of those homes have huge lots and look like your out in the country, not in DFW.
It varies wildly based on the age of the home/neighborhood. There are several older neighborhoods on the lake that you can get into for around $700k. The newer ones (Bella Lago, The Landing) start at over $1 million and go as high as $15M.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.