Metroplex
Sponsored by

Questions about in patient hospice care

577 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by culdeus
Texas Ag Mom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have some experience dealing w/hospice w/a family member but I now have another terminally ill family member. I am thinking that inpatient hospice care might be best & the need could be in a few days. Does insurance pay for that or do you private pay? About how much does that cost? Any recomendations about facilities? He currently lives in Richardson.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Seasons at Big Presby is good.

Lots of options out there, so they can switch if unhappy.
Aries
I worked in one for 8 years. The company I worked for was non-profit so we took everyone. Most insurances pay 100%, from what I understood. However correctly run inpatient units are a very short stay place. It isn't a place for people to go live until they die. It is a place for people who have uncontrolled symptoms to die, usually in a few days.

Go & tour any unit you are interested in. Just because a doc refers you to 1 company doesn't mean you can't be referred to others companies of your choice. It is your decision which company you want.

I worked in one in fort Worth, don't have any recs for Richardson. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have though.
culdeus
AG
I have no helpful ideas but I feel for you in this time. I hope your family finds peace.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.