Metroplex
Sponsored by

Where to buy in Dallas- close to Downtown

5,305 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Spaceship
Shooter McGavin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hatchback said:

wbt5845 said:

Kessler Park is actually a super suggestion as long as you go the private school route with the kids. I know a number of lawyers and judges who live there because of the short commute to downtown.

Actually, if you're zoned to Rosemont Elementary that's one of the best elementary/middle schools in DISD. It's Pre-K through 8th grade and a great mix of families from all backgrounds. The PTA and dad's club are very active and the dual-language program is top notch (if you can get accepted.)
What happens when it is time for high school?

CavitationAG
AG
Sorry, I don't know why I just now saw this. We are on N. Clinton near Colorado and feel very safe here and in the surrounding neighborhood.
Spaceship
AG
Rosemont Elem was recently on a draft list of 22 DISD elementary proposed to close due to decreased attendance in DISD as a whole.
Rice and Fries
Looking at new Houses in Euless, specifically at the Viridian new development area.

Holy Cow property taxes are outstandingly high. $8900 in 2018 for $326K.

Anyone live there? How do you like it? Do you plan on fighting the taxes?
Matsui
AG
Can you link that list?
Spaceship
AG
Matsui said:

Can you link that list?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2018/10/04/dallas-isd-wrestles-potential-mass-school-closings-consolidations-plan-future
hatchback
AG
Spaceship said:

Rosemont Elem was recently on a draft list of 22 DISD elementary proposed to close due to decreased attendance in DISD as a whole.

Rosemont is split in two campuses: lower for pre-k through 2 and upper for 3 through 8. The list in the article makes it clear that the upper campus would be closed and the other building would be remodeled to accommodate all grades. Rosemont as a whole isn't closing.
Spaceship
AG
hatchback said:

Spaceship said:

Rosemont is split in two campuses: lower for pre-k through 2 and upper for 3 through 8. The list in the article makes it clear that the upper campus would be closed and the other building would be remodeled to accommodate all grades. Rosemont as a whole isn't closing.

I see what you're referring to. Initially I only saw this part:

"Potentially on the chopping block are elementary schools including Ireland, Rosemont, Jones, Twain, Hall, Dunbar, Gooch, Reilly, Pershing, Urban Park, Miller, Field, Webster, Carr, Oliver, Milam and Holland."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.