Metroplex
Sponsored by

Architect needed

865 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by swc93
swc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know an architect in Dallas that can review drawings already stamped by a licensed engineer and put their own stamp on them?

Installing a PortaFab modular office inside our warehouse and City of Addison wants an architects stamp even though one hasn't been used through the whole process. It is like a giant Lego building; not much design needed.

ADA done, comcheck done, everything so far in compliance...
hatchback
AG
Good luck with that.
CjAg
AG
I doubt you are going to find an architect that will do that.
Ag77Land
AG
http://www.tbae.state.tx.us/Home/SelectionChart
hatchback
AG
While the TBAE website says the project might be exempt from architecturally stamped drawings, there is the caveat at the end that reads:
Quote:

• You should check with the department that issues building permits in the location you wish to build this project. That department may require an architect or exempted engineer's engagement even though the project is exempt by State statute.

• My assumptions to the questions:
    1. The project is not government owned.
    2. The project is not an institutional residential facility.
    3. The project is a warehouse with limited public access.

Even though the state might not require an architectural seal, the local jurisdiction does. And any self-respecting architect isn't just going to sign and seal a random project - I know that I wouldn't ever do this for someone. Good luck. Maybe you can find an "exempted engineer" to stamp the drawings for you.
    swc93
    AG
    Appreciate the feedback.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.