Metroplex
Sponsored by

Why do people hate southlake?

24,599 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MGS
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious about the fear of the Asian around here?
Objective Aggie
AG
t - cam said:

It's not a fear of the Asian. I had Asian friends when I was in school in the 80s. So it's not that.

But when your neighborhood becomes massively Indian, some things change. My son had an Indian kid quit basketball because it was interfering with SAT prep classes . . . In 7th grade!!!

Lots of Indian kids use academics as their sport. They take Kumon for fun. It's just a different deal.
YouBet
AG
t - cam said:

It's simply culture conflict and people wanting to be around a culture they are familiar with. I could easily reverse this and ask why the Indians are afraid of the rest of us. It is our country. This isn't India so assimilate and adopt our cultural norms.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
t - cam said:

If I wanted my kids to grow up in a majority Indian culture, I'd move to India.

Welcome to America! Now learn English, and speak it all the time when out in public. Don't travel in triple generational herds of 30 or more people, blocking entire aisles at Costco (always Costco). Purchasing a car in America isn't a required family event, your Aunts and Uncles can sit this one out.

Most importantly this is America, specifically, this is Texas. Here we eat meat, lots of it, and preferably cooked over fire. So no, I didn't provide anything vegetarian, and yes, the beans have bacon in them.
AG
riverrataggie
AG
robertf03 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

So no, I didn't provide anything vegetarian, and yes, the beans have bacon in them.

You've obviously never lived near Hillcrest in North to Far North Dallas

You mean up near the turnpike? Why would anyone go that far north?
AG
catfan
DannyDuberstein said:

Coppell is majority asian at this point. I'd caution about getting too hung up in overanalyzing the ratings of schools. Obviously, you want to make sure you're picking a very good track for your kids and the ratings can help with that process. But the good news is there are a lot of them to choose from in the northern burbs. I would just caution that there are some that get an extra boost from demographics that isn't necessarily a reflection of the actual quality the school itself offers. Just something to weigh.

I believe Frisco Legacy is also majority Indian and has about 16 NM Scholars vs. 1-3 at the other Frisco schools.

How is Plano West changing?
Southlake
:0
bco2003
AG
catfan said:

I believe Frisco Legacy is also majority Indian and has about 16 NM Scholars vs. 1-3 at the other Frisco schools.

What is Frisco Legacy?

Legacy Christian Academy is the only Frisco school I'm aware of with Legacy in the name. And I'd doubt it is majority Indian.
MGS
I think he meant Frisco Liberty.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm loving the fact that Carrollton has managed to stay out of this thread. We bought a house across Hebron from Castle Hills and really enjoy this part of town. Most of the homes around us are newer construction(2004-2012), we have everything we need within a few miles of us, local restaurants, Andy's Custard, and the people still feel/act like I remember growing up back in the 90s. North Carrollton is one of few sections of town that has managed to stay fairly middle class/grounded and isn't being overrun by one race/ethnic group or another.

Commute downtown isn't terrible either.
The Pilot
AG
Pretty sure I took care of Carrollton with my post pretty early on in this thread.
powerbelly
AG
That is because Carrollton isn't worth referencing.
MGS
great views of Mt. Lewisville.
dcAg
Carrolton = Poors
riverrataggie
AG
Carrollton. Lol.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Keep it coming

Strategy
AG
I'm looking forward to living in the Lake that is South.
agcrock2005
AG
I live in burbs (just south of southlake) and commute to turtle creek/uptown for work. I really don't understand the arrogance of Dallas folks. I mean...congrats you live close to downtown and your house that would be 1 million by mine is 5 million. Have fun with the taxes and ******* stay at home moms next door that ***** about everything. I would take a 20% pay cut to work in FW.
Gil Renard
AG
Why ahhh wayyy foitaaang
AG
walton91
Quote:

I live in burbs (just south of southlake) and commute to turtle creek/uptown for work. I really don't understand the arrogance of Dallas folks. I mean...congrats you live close to downtown and your house that would be 1 million by mine is 5 million. Have fun with the taxes and ******* stay at home moms next door that ***** about everything. I would take a 20% pay cut to work in FW.
They don't have stay at home moms next door that ***** about everything in Colleyville?
agcrock2005
AG
Not sure how I was bragging. I live in Hurst. That's not something that most would brag about. I was simply meaning the housing prices in that area are stupid inflated so move it to any other suburbs and it would be worth a small fraction of its current value...all because of location.
Phat32
AG
That's *hot stay at home mommies to you sir.
agcrock2005
AG
Old office was at Preston and NW Hwy and I loved lunch time! Trophies everywhere in their yoga pants.
80sGeorge
AG
agcrock2005 said:

Old office was at Preston and NW Hwy and I loved lunch time! Trophies everywhere in their yoga pants.
They love the juice bar place
agcrock2005
AG
And salata. Went there a lot.
Matsui
AG
I think location has a lot to due with value...amirite?
Grapesoda2525
My thread won't die.

Dallas is a stuck up city tho. It seems like there's a plastic surgeon on every street corner. It's all about what you look like, how much you make, and what you drive in dallas. I don't know why either. I'm glad I live in Fort Worth. Not as snobby.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Money is how you keep score in life and who wants to be ugly or hang around with an uggo?
AG
AggieFrog
AG
GarlandAg2012 said:

Money is how you keep score in life
Hardly. But that's the sad mentality of too many, especially in Dallas.
agcrock2005
AG
You're above me. I don't even know what that means.
ILikeTacos
AG
agcrock2005 said:

You're above me. I don't even know what that means.

He was saying you must have really nice wheels on your trailer house. I chuckled.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.