Metroplex
Sponsored by

Westcliff Elementary

1,160 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Buford Tannen
Buford Tannen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any insights on Westcliff elementary in Fort Worth? We are considering a home there and realtime feedback would be good to have.
mhayden
As of 25 years ago they had a great field for playing homerun derby.
Matsui
AG
I'd say #2 behind Tanglewood. We just moved from that area 2 years ago. You get some "other side of the tracks" students in there, but overall most like it.

Or you can fork up another $100,000 for a house and move into Tanglewood.
mhayden
Moving into Tanglewood area right now is a crapshoot as far as home values go until they figure out what is happening with the school (expansion/division/etc...)
FWCPA05
AG
We consider Westcliff #4 with Ridglea Hills and Lily B tied for 2nd. Most young professional and active in the community families we know that aren't backing a bank truck up for Tanglewood are going Ridglea Hills, we don't know anyone going Westcliff - could just be our circles.
mhayden
I think much of the reason Westcliff area isn't as desirable by many groups is that the affordable-but-still-nice part of Westcliff school zone has become plagued by TCU rentals. There are some great neighborhoods and houses on the east side of Trail Lake Drive that many of my friends grew up in. Their parents have all since moved into almost identical houses in the RH area because their old streets had a rental every 3-4 houses.

I think you've got people who would be looking for "East side of Trail Lake" priced homes choosing Ridglea Hills area, and those looking for "West side of Trail Lake" priced homes are sending their kids to private school.
Buford Tannen
AG
Thanks for all the replies. The house is west of Trail Lake so removed from the rentals, but we understand Westcliff to be up-and-coming and improving. We are still a few years removed from Kindergarten so we have time to watch metrics and make a decision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.