Metroplex
Sponsored by

Traffic observation since 75 and others increased speed limit

4,060 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Pilot
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
txwxman said:

CJS4715 said:

FightinTAC08 said:

I regularly drive 75 after rush hour and late into the night and it never fails there are morons just hanging out in the left lane oblivious to why i am flashing them and honking my horn so maybe they learn some common sense.

I am almost positive these types know what they are doing and receive great joy from your antics.
I regularly drive 74 mph and it never fails there are morons flashing me and honking their horns. I take the 04 wagon off cruise so maybe they learn some common sense.
your speed is irrelevant. It's not the "I feel like I'm going fast enough so screw you if you want to go faster" lane. Its the passing lane. Do your business and then clear the left lane. everybody wins.
hatchback
AG
While that's generally true, it's a little different for 75 because the "passing lane" becomes an exit only lane for Deep Ellum and Downtown. Which causes problems because people don't realize this until it is too late and try to merge right at the last moment.
The Collective
AG
Yep. Getting out of the way isn't that difficult. I do it all the time. I don't get the motivation of just staying in the left lane in this situation.... why would you want to be in front of someone who wants to drive faster than you, and you are now pissing them off by impeding them in the passing lane?
powerbelly
AG
txwxman said:

CJS4715 said:

FightinTAC08 said:

I regularly drive 75 after rush hour and late into the night and it never fails there are morons just hanging out in the left lane oblivious to why i am flashing them and honking my horn so maybe they learn some common sense.

I am almost positive these types know what they are doing and receive great joy from your antics.
I regularly drive 74 mph and it never fails there are morons flashing me and honking their horns. I take the 04 wagon off cruise so maybe they learn some common sense.
You are part of the problem. If you are in the left lane, your speed is irrelevant, the lane is for passing. Get out of the way of faster traffic.
'03ag
hatchback said:

While that's generally true, it's a little different for 75 because the "passing lane" becomes an exit only lane for Deep Ellum and Downtown. Which causes problems because people don't realize this until it is too late and try to merge right at the last moment.
A very minor problem if people stay out the left lane to begin with. This only happens regularly because people are camped over there because their speed is plenty and anyone that wants to go faster is a maniac. 95% of them shouldn't be there, and if they weren't . . . on the very rare occasion when someone is over there trying to pass and runs up on the exit only lane, well then it would be just one car and not a wave of people trying to consolidate. And it would be easy for the people in the middle lane to pop over and exit.
AG
Most new car speedometers read fast. So your 74mph is probably 70. GTFO of the way.
hatchback
AG
Although, none of this will matter when they tear down I-345 and route all Central Expy traffic down Woodall Rodgers.
double aught
AG
I hope they do. More lanes does nothing aside from compounding problems.
FightinTAC08
AG
hatchback said:

And i cut some slack for those that are truly in the left lane to exit as far back as a mile or two. but like it was said, most people are in the left lane because they want to be and end up causing problems for all four lanes when they have to merge at deep ellum.

FightinTAC08
AG
txwxman said:

CJS4715 said:

FightinTAC08 said:

and i am happy to return the favor by dropping to 50 MPH in front of you. move over.
The Pilot
AG
We need more of this:

Driving too slow? You could be slapped with $1,000 fine
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.