Metroplex
Sponsored by

Lasik in DFW

2,694 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggie3732
txcoonhunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need a suggestion for a good lasiks eye surgeon in DFW. I've Worn contacts since I was 14 (now 29), and would love to have the procedure done. Thanks in advance.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I recently did mine with Clearview in Southlake, only because my local eye doc had some connection with him and I could do my pre-op and post-op with my guy.
Super easy procedure. I was back at work the next day. They do warn you that about an hour later it will burn like crap for a few hours and the best thing to do is to take some Advil PM and go to sleep since you can't rub your eyes. That is definitely true. Once you wake up though, you'll be amazed at how well you can see.
BoomGoesThe
I went to Dr Boothe 12 years ago and had great results. He had tons of TV and radio ads back then, and it was definitely a cattle call the morning of surgery. I have no idea who the top people are now. It was definitely some of the best money I've ever spent, though.
bco2003
AG
Thanks for the responses and keep 'em coming.

Also interested as my wife is looking to have the surgery done this year.
TXAGFAN
AG
I went to Tylock.

I had very poor vision and didn't see 20/20 6 months post surgery in one of my eyes. I'm disappointed, but it's been an easy process. I'll have another procedure next month.
bco2003
AG
How do the follow-ups work? Are you paying extra for that, or is it included from the original payment?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I can't speak to Tylock, but Clearview gives free follow up procedures for 1 year after surgery.
Vade281
AG
I used Tylock in 2012. Still have 20/15 vision. I'm 30 now.
BeardofZeus01
AG
+1 for Clearview in Southlake. Had mine done in 2009 and things have heen great ever since. I even got poked in the eye with baling wire last March, disturbed my Lasik flap (it folded up some) and they laid it back down and smoothed it for me for a very reasonable fee. Both the optometrist (owner) and opthalmologist are great. Surgery days anywhere can seem a bit like a cattle call because it's easier to schedule these surgeries in the same block of time in the interest of efficiency. Wherever you choose, you won't regret it, Lasik is a life changer ...
txcoonhunter
Thanks for the replies. I remember all the ads back in the day for booths and tylock. Makes me wish I had gone to school and learned how to do that procedure. I'm sure they made a killing when it first came out.
GTBullitt68
AG
+2 for Tylock. Both my wife and I had it done by him and are seeing 20/15 now. Best money we've ever spent.
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
How do the follow-ups work? Are you paying extra for that, or is it included from the original payment?
Are you talking about follow-up procedures (as in, years later going in and doing some touch up work on an eye?) or follow-up appointments? If the former, then no, I do not think that it is included with the original payment - I went to Tylock, FWIW. Perhaps there are options that include life-time touch ups but I wasn't aware of any when going through it.
greenband
AG
+3 for Tylock - solid guy and does a great job.

My brother used Booth and has horror stories. Personally, the guy is an ass.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
All of your follow-up for that initial year is included as are any additional procedures if you did not see 20/20. I'm confident they would honor that if you had issues for some reason late in that year. My vision was not fully corrected in one eye and it was obvious from the first one week post procedure appointment, they just want everything to heal fully and stabilize. It's not like I needed glasses, my other eye compensated and I still saw very well.

CoppellAg93
AG
My wife and I both had lasik done by Dr. Tylock in March and May of last year - Dr. Tylock is very friendly as is his staff.

The price includes the follow-up visits for 1, 3, 6 and 12 months. We're actually doing those through our normal eye doctor because he is affiliated with Dr. Tylock's practice.

Very please with my results - 20/20 in both eyes. I did the Mono Vision option - 1 eye near and 1 eye far - should keep me from needing reading glasses for a long time.

Wish I would've done it sooner.

Update; It cost $3,300 for mine. They gave a flat $2,000 discount and a $250 for paying without financing, and then got another $250 off since my doctor works with Tylock.
TXAGFAN
AG
By the way, despite my need for another procedure I would recommend Tylock.
bco2003
AG
Thanks again for the feedback!

Anyone care to share Tylock's going rate?
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Thanks again for the feedback!

Anyone care to share Tylock's going rate?
It depends...

Go for a consult and be ready to pay? I think I was around $3200. I get the impression I paid more because of very bad astigmatism and they probably price some additional cost in the event they need to do a revision. I had another doc for a consult (kleiman evangelista) who told me before I went under the knife I'd need two procedures by the way.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Mine was $3500 at Clearview. I probably paid a little more to be able to use my Optomotrist for the pre-op and post-op, but it was worth it for me.
redass1876
AG
3315 total. There was a small "deposit" for the consultation which is included in that

Wife and i both used Tylock last year. 12 month (final) follow up was last week and perfect 20/15 both eyes. Wife will have her final follow up March. She loves hers too

Tylock was great
Absolute
AG
I used Boothe back around 2000. Still going well. Pretty sure he retired, as I heard him promoting some other guy on the radio a while back.

Interesting to me that the price sounds about the same as what I paid back then. Around 3k.
aggie3732
Dr Haq at Key Whitman did mine 3 years ago. Mad I didn't get it done sooner. I chose PRK over Lasik.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.