Metroplex
Sponsored by

North Dallas animated Christmas lights

17,598 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by txag2008
txag2008
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got my Christmas lights up and running this weekend and got a video recorded last night.

If you're in the North Dallas area come by and check it out. There are 6-7 different songs that I have playing and hope to have the War Hymn done sometime soon.
Sling Blade
AG
awesome! I was thinking about doing this for next year's project.

What controller/software are you using? I haven't found a lot of info on how to create the designs.
bco2003
AG
Nice!
txag2008
AG
quote:
awesome! I was thinking about doing this for next year's project.

What controller/software are you using? I haven't found a lot of info on how to create the designs.
I'm using a combination of do-it-yourself DLA & Falcon hardware and a comibination of Vixen/Xlights for the software
Mike04Ag
AG
Visit Grand Prairie's Prairie Lights, here is a little video:

txag2008
AG
quote:
Visit Grand Prairie's Prairie Lights, here is a little video:

Looks neat, but I'm gonna have a hard time driving 45min and paying $35 when I can just step out my front door and enjoy.
SoCalAg97
AG
awesome! i might try to take my kids this weekend. Orangewood - Beltline/Preston area, right?
txag2008
AG
quote:
awesome! i might try to take my kids this weekend. Orangewood - Beltline/Preston area, right?
Correct. Just a bit NE of the intersection you gave
seele98
We went by the house this evening but the radio station didn't seem to work.
txag2008
AG
quote:
We went by the house this evening but the radio station didn't seem to work.
Ah sorry! Seeing as how you posted this at 6:06 that makes sense. The lights come on at 5:45 and just move around with no music. The synchronized songs/music doesn't actually start playing until 6:30.
txag2008
AG
Here's one more video,

Christmas Eve Sarajevo
bco2003
AG
Very nice!

Do you still do this on the house in Nazareth too?
txag2008
AG
quote:
Very nice!

Do you still do this on the house in Nazareth too?
No, that was my parents house. I had to stop doing it when I started doing one on my own house
seele98
Thanks for letting me know about the time. It looks awesome and we will try to catch another time.
OKC2003
That's really cool.
txag2008
AG
Bump for anyone who hasn't seen
agdaddy04
AG
In town at inlaws and you live right down the street from my aunt and uncle so we stopped by last night. Great show. My 2 year old loved it.
txag2008
AG
quote:
In town at inlaws and you live right down the street from my aunt and uncle so we stopped by last night. Great show. My 2 year old loved it.
great, glad you got to see it.
txag2008
AG
The lights are up and running again this year on Orangewood Dr (far N Dallas). The lights run from 6-10pm on weekdays and 6:00 to midnight on weekends, broadcasting on 95.7 FM.

You can visit our page at facebook.com/lightsonorangewood for additional information as well as photos and videos of the show. There's also our YouTube page, www.youtube.com/user/LightsofNazareth/videos for additional videos of the show.

There's a few new elements this year (snowflakes & star) but haven't shot new 2017 videos yet.

Merry Christmas!
Jimmy McNulty
AG
The wife and I loaded up in the truck last night and dropped by. I didn't tell her what we were doing and she definitely enjoyed it. Thanks for the show!
txag2008
AG
Glad you came by. Were you the one that had the people in the bed of the truck and were whooping during the War Hymn? Heard you from inside and was tempted to come out and meet some Ags.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
haha nah, it was just the two of us. I missed the War Hymn but would have loved. The whole set up was very impressive!

I'm up on Renner and Campbell so it wasn't a far drive.
culdeus
AG
Loved the jimbo shout out.
txag2008
AG
Good eye, I just added that tonight.
txag2008
AG
War Hymn - 2017
bco2003
AG
Awesome!

Love the block T counter-march and running off at the end. Nice nod to Jimbo too
plarmigan
AG
My wife and kids may or may not have spent about 15min outside your house the past 3 nights.
txag2008
AG
Hah nice. Glad you're enjoying.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Dropped by tonight. Just wanted to say great job. Loved the war hymn
aviationag
AG
Merry Christmas txag2008,

On our way to your house! What is the address? Trying to indoctrinate my grandson who is 2! His parents went to OLe Miss so I have work to do!
txag2008
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
The little lights ...they aren't twinkling
AggieDruggist89
AG
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2918792
nateaggie2000
AG
Awesome!
txag2008
AG
The lights are up and running again this year on Orangewood Dr (far N Dallas). The lights run from 6-10pm on weekdays and 6-11pm on weekends, broadcasting on 95.7 FM.

You can visit our page at facebook.com/lightsonorangewood for additional information as well as photos and videos of the show. There's also our YouTube page, www.youtube.com/user/LightsofNazareth/videos for additional videos of the show. There's a few new elements this year but I haven't shot new 2018 videos yet.

If you're in the area feel free to come check them out. Merry Christmas!
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.