Metroplex
Sponsored by

Rebecca Miller let go from Channel 5

18,240 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by aggie_wes
TwoTimeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Former Aggie and longtime morning meteorologist Rebecca Miller was let go from Channel 5 this week. Rebecca was always cheerful and went out of her way to help out others. It is a shame they just let her go with no chance to tell those who have watched her since 1991 good-bye.
Ol Waco Ag
AG
Thats it I'm done with Channel 5...One of the last hired by the worlds greatest weatherman Harold Taft is gone...

I remember when they had her go to Louisiana to cover her first Hurricane ...It was bad boy Andrew, one of the anchors told her to watch out for snakes....Her eyes got bigger than the moon with that warning...It was funny to see...

Becky is a good one and I hope she lands at another station in DFW...She is a keeper

BTW, she is not a " former aggie" .She might be a former student but once you are an Aggie , you are always an Aggie
Fort Worth Realtor
AG
I am pretty sure Harold Taft hand picked Miller. That's a shame she was let go. I always liked her.

FIRST TROY DUNGAN RETIRES NOW THIS !!!!!
Mary Magdalene
really? I had no idea.
jaypunkrawk
AG
Oh hell to the no! Another bonehead decision!
retta13
AG
www.unclebarky.com

Gives the inside scoop on local news and tv. The comments on Rebecca Miller's topic are scathing of NBC5.

Rock90
AG
They like that James Fartsalot guy and that stuffed suit Steve MacLaughlin over her? What a bunch of idiots.

I quit trusting any TV weather people once Harold moved on to the next plane.

I bet Finfrock is wondering how long he has left...
LifeLongAg
S
I quit watching Channel 8 news when Steve McCauley didn't become the "chief" meteorologist there. I think Pete Delkus is irritating. I don't think the TV gurus have a clue how important the weather person really is. Maybe Rebecca Miller was too old in management's eyes. You know we must have "young" women around to counteract the "old" men who are usually news anchors.
Fort Worth Realtor
AG
I bet this guy is responsible for her being let go.

MLK_87
That stinks. She and Kristine Kahanek are former STUDENTS. Channel 8 treated Kristine like crap, too. Rebecca Miller is a good meterologist. I enjoyed her broadcasts (as well as Finfrock's), but in order to see them you had to sit through the drek that is channel 5 news. So I hadn't seen either in years. Maybe Rebecca is not "modelesque" enuff for the station: She's pretty, but not a size 2.
chick79
AG
quote:
Maybe Rebecca is not "modelesque" enuff for the station

That is it, I'm sure.... TV news is all about style and not substance these days....
Trucker 96
^
|
I would agree with this. For both men and women. Just look at Delkus for goodness sake. I agree with the poster above that he's irritating. Very heavy on the smug. I also enjoy how he kept reminding everyone he played minor league baseball, especially when he first moved to channel 8.

[This message has been edited by Bob the Enzyte Guy (edited 3/7/2008 9:32a).]
gopitt
Good riddance to Rebecca Miller. I found her annoying, overly dramatic and over the top.
Plus she was clueless.
She made a 15 mph wind forecast sound like a hurricane was coming.
jackrabbit
AG
"Former Aggie" (on the OP) ?????

sorry to be petty, but c'mon
Ag CPA
AG
She was still the second hottest weathergirl in DFW...
Gunter12
Just as long as Fox 4 never fires Megan Henderson, everything will be okay.
MW03
AG
channel 5 sucks anyway. nothing by midcities and fort worth news.
jbirdag96
AG
Yeah, I was just as surprised when I heard about this as when they let Scott Chesner go. Business is business, but dang tully...grow a brain and use it.
EllisCoAg
AG
from Rebecca's e-mail to Uncle Barky:

quote:
I'm currently enrolled at Texas A&M's grad school studying Homeland Security.

gig'em
JBLHAG03
AG
I will continue to flip between 4 and 5 as long as Tammy Dombeck is there to block my view of traffic. I do prefer channel 4, but sometimes they have too many commercials and Evan take to long to get to the weekly forecast.
WATER TOWER
The weekend guy on channel 5, Michael Hammer, is an Aggie class of 2005...maybe he'll take over.
nateaggie2000
AG
That's crap!
jaypunkrawk
AG
That Michael Hammer guy is great. He reminds me of the "boom goes the dynamite" college sportscaster, but he's got a wee bit more polish. Becky was still as good as they come.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Does she still fly down to A&M and teach at the O&M? My roommate was a meteorology major and she taught his "tv" course.
BigAg81
AG
Steve McCauley was actually first in line for Troy Dungan's job (Troy's first choice, too), but he didn't want it because he does a lot of stuff on the side and didn't want to give that up.
nhamp07
AG
yeah...i took her class a few years ago. shes teaching one this semester. she actually drove down once a week every spring semester to teach and only got paid for her mileage.
dfw-horn
Kahanek has the looks of someone who can be successful with no brain. And she has no brain.

Chessner is a woman beating white trasher.
TurboVelo
AG
It would be funny to fill Tully's mail box with e-mails laughing at her for not understanding the forecasts.
Trajan88
AG
Re: Kahanek

Here's some old (2004) news on Mr. "Kahanek."

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/archives2/016180.html
Lekner XII
AG
i hate steve mccauley. had to watch him or doppler dave growing up south of amarillo. i'll take doppler dave any day of the week, but troy was great. my grandparents loved him.
aledo57
AG
Channel 5 has gone downhill since this happened. I like the Channel 4 morning guys now.
canOcorn
AG
How did you pull up a 2.5 year old thread?
jaypunkrawk
AG
Channel 8 is where it's at. John McCaa's mustache is mesmerizing.
The Pilot
AG
WFAA
aggie_wes
AG
people still watch the news?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.