Austin
Sponsored by

bad Aggie

1,594 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by homebuildingag
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/georgetown-homebuilder-indicted-on-multiple-charges/

TxAgg07
AG
Worst kept secret in Georgetown for last couple of years.
docb
AG
I've known about him for a while. I'm glad he get what he deserves. I have a lot in the country club where a lot of those houses were he just left unfinished. Thankfully I did not choose him.
Apache
AG
I know the guy personally, worked as a sub for him on a few projects & know four superintendents that have worked directly for him.

I quit working for him after waiting 90 days to get a 5 figure check out of the company. Then his supers started telling me some pretty terrible stuff. Two left because of it & the others were looking for a way out last I heard.

My only surprise is that it took this long to happen. Interested to see where this all ends up. I feel bad for his wife & kids... they were nice.
docb
AG
Those houses sat there untouched for it seems like almost 2 years in Cimmaron. I think there were so many liens and legal red tape surrounding all that so no one could do anything with those houses. I feel bad for those involved. I honestly never trust anyone because they are an Aggie. I know of another Aggie surgeon in town that is just gouging patients treatment plans for $. I don't understand how he gets away with it or can sleep at night but some people just have no scruples.
Apache
AG
IMO, the current charges are going to lead into them uncovering much, much worse if what I have heard is correct.
Medaggie
Just sad but how can a homeowner ever avoid this?

I did a custom built and most would not do anything until they get a draw or money up front for at least the materials.

I hear that some banks may not cut checks until stages are completed but some builders won't do this.
homebuildingag
AG
I tell everyone to only pay on work completed. Lenders won't have any problem with that mindset. If you are doing something smaller or have a GC demanding money for materials up front then tell them you will pay the vendor directly. If they complain too much then they were planning on that money going elsewhere.

It's not uncommon for me to be out in front of my clients on paying subs and vendors. I try to use thirty day accounts where possible for materials so that money isn't needed until work is complete.

Just dig into their professional practices a bit. Most GC's/builders are going to be pretty open with the process on how they spend your money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.