Austin
Sponsored by

Why would The Austin Fire Dept fire a chaplain for this?

1,148 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by 210
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So he posted something that not everyone agrees with, so why fired?
Could this be part of the reason Austin has a reputation as being woke?

https://texasscorecard.com/local/fired-austin-fire-department-chaplain-calls-for-free-speech/

Martin Cash
AG
Why? Because it's Austin, that's why. And it isn't just a reputation for being woke, it's a fact.

Worst city in the state.
JB
AG
Martin Cash said:

Why? Because it's Austin, that's why. And it isn't just a reputation for being woke, it's a fact.

Worst city in the state.
emando2000
AG
Austin Fire Dept went from some of the most strict requirements around 10 years ago just to get into their training to whatever the heck it is now. One of my best friends went through the process and it was ridiculous . I met some of his academy buddies and they were all pretty all around top notched guys. None of them made it. Now, I know 5 Austin firefighters. 2 new ones and 3 old ones. The old ones can meet just about any demand thrown at them. The 2 new ones, well, that's a different story. I'm not sure how one passed a drug test and the other is a woman that I'm not sure how she passed the physical requirements.

This story isn't surprising, the requirements to become a firefighter have dropped off. Austin is definitely woke. It's still a cancer and the pressures to have the preferred image still influence the city. Even APD is still having officers leave left & right.
emando2000
AG
Accidentally clicked on an emoji
AG
He was a volunteer that got "fired" because the staff didn't like his views?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.