Austin
Sponsored by

Landscape masonry recs?

977 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by BlackGold
shertown04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been wanting to put in a limestone flowerbed ever since I moved into my house. Going to have a little extra cash with tax refund and PTO payout from last year so I think it's time. Any recs for the Pflugerville area? I have seen several in my neighborhood that have cracked and are falling apart on houses less than 3 years old.
CapCity12thMan
AG
Contact the guys at Yard Dreams

https://www.yarddreamsatx.com/
txags92
AG
shertown04 said:

I've been wanting to put in a limestone flowerbed ever since I moved into my house. Going to have a little extra cash with tax refund and PTO payout from last year so I think it's time. Any recs for the Pflugerville area? I have seen several in my neighborhood that have cracked and are falling apart on houses less than 3 years old.
Not hard to do it yourself. Order a pallet of the rock you want to use from your local rock yard (they can help you estimate how many pounds you need based on the length you are wanting to border), rent a paver/block saw from Home Depot (Paver/Block Saw Rental), and glue the rocks together with this adhesive: Loctite PL 500 Landscape Block and Paver VOC Construction Adhesive. We are just finishing doing several garden beds at our new house. Have all the blocks cut and set, just waiting for it to warm up enough to finish gluing them together.
Apache
AG
Quote:

I have seen several in my neighborhood that have cracked and are falling apart on houses less than 3 years old.
Lots of clay up in that area. Are you doing to just do limestone edging? Or a raised bed several feet off the ground?
BlackGold
AG
Following this thread.

Looking to add a concrete paver walk-way at my house. Located in east Austin.

Anyone else with recs? Looking for more of a contractor route. Already did the design and measurement work myself.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.