Austin
Sponsored by

Austin ISD Ticket

1,960 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by SouthLlano
Thinice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone received a citation in the mail from Austin ISD for going around a stopped bus with the arm out?

My son got one, trying too see if there's any way to take defensive driving or anything else besides paying the ticket.

Thanks!!!!
chet98
AG
Never have but morbidly curious as to the damage. What's the ticket fee if you don't mind saying?
KT 90
AG
Thinice said:

Has anyone received a citation in the mail from Austin ISD for going around a stopped bus with the arm out?

My son got one, trying too see if there's any way to take defensive driving or anything else besides paying the ticket.

Thanks!!!!

I am going to assume you can't take defensive driving for passing a stopped bus. Those are usually a pretty hefty fine and I doubt you can maneuver around having to pay it. Unless you are disputing the violation? If so, pretty sure all school buses now have those cameras on them that is supposed to record when the flashing lights are on. So you may be able request the video if there is a dispute.
Thinice
Sorry for the delay, 300 big ones.

From the video link they provided there were about 9 cars they caught at once.
Aggietaco
AG
Damn, $3,600 in fines just like that. So maybe $3,500 to the ticketing operation and $100 to AISD?
docb
AG
Thinice said:

Sorry for the delay, 300 big ones.

From the video link they provided there were about 9 cars they caught at once.

Well at least they didn't hit a kid.
SouthLlano
AG
I don't know the details, but I fought it and won. My wife turned a corner and there was a bus sitting there in the oncoming lane with the arm out. It was impossible to see until she was already by it when she turned.

Read the language in the statute has lots of loopholes. I can't remember if the statutes authorizes cameras or not. I think it's just a civil penalty.
South Llano
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.