Austin
Sponsored by

Anyone hiring in Austin?

2,143 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Furlock Bones
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife is looking and is very open. She has her degree in Finance and Accounting from UH class of 2012. She spent most of career working in O&G trading doing accounting and scheduling. She's had her real estate license for a few years but has mostly been raising our 2 kids. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
CPA?
Furlock Bones
AG
No she does not have her cpa.
KT 90
AG
With an Accounting and Finance background, there are always positions available with the state agencies in Austin. Good benefits and leave policies, which might be helpful with kids.

You can look on their individual sites, or I think they have a consolidated site now as well that rolls a bunch of positions together from different agencies.
KT 90
AG
Oddly enough, just pulled up LinkedIn and this was the first item in the newsfeed. I know nothing about these positions, indirectly know the person who posted it.

johnson2012
AG
If she's not opposed to public accounting at a small firm she can look up Badger CPA. Ag owned & the founder, Shannon Badger, is active on LinkedIn if she want to reach out there. They're based out of San Antonio but are 99% remote. Mostly outsourced accounting for non-profit, o&g, and govcon companies. Even if they don't have something posted they may be able to work something out.

Also, your wife may want to check out themomproject.com. My previous employer would source resumes from there and they post jobs as well. Target jobs are typically flexible, hybrid/remote "mom friendly" roles.
wargograw
https://www.wargocpa.com/

This is my dad's company. They're based in Buda but I know he has employees who work from home. He is probably interested in a hire.
BurnetAggie99
Check City of Austin/Austin Energy. I know we had some financial/Accounting positions open
Furlock Bones
AG
Been away for a few days. Thanks for the recommendations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.