Austin
Sponsored by

Israel gets top votes for mayor in Austin

2,961 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AgricolaePugnare
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She makes Adler look like Mitt Romney. Her top two issues were defund the police and housing the homeless. The **** show is only gonna get worse in Austin. And the locals voted for her like she was the last beer in the desert. Pathetic.
500,000ags
AG
Neighbor has a sign and bumper sticker for Celia. Some people are just odd. Talked to this neighbor about the new metro plans, and hadn't realized she was so active in canvassing support for it. Completely didn't phase her that the costs are so far and above the original plan. Plus, even those new costs might be light.
MouthBQ98
AG
Portland East. Embrace the inevitable suck.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Go to the runoff and please make sure this does not happen.
Aggietaco
AG
Turnout will be so low you vote will actually matter.

I knew Virden had no chance of winning but couldn't vote for any of the others. At least Watson isn't a complete lunatic.
AG
Votes were pretty much split east versus west:

https://www.axios.com/local/austin/2022/11/10/austin-mayors-race-results

Old white money in west Austin voted for Watson, young gentrifiers in East Austin voted for Israel.
MouthBQ98
AG
Agthatbuilds
It's gonna happen. Prepare thyself.

On another note, a bill was filed in the state government to dissolve the audtin city government and replace it with a state run govt. Wonder if that will get any traction
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
so bizarre. He's a lib, but kirk watson seems like a really good dude with a huge track record, and is an adult living in the real world. How anyone could vote israel over him is dumbfounding as an impartial observer.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

On another note, a bill was filed in the state government to dissolve the audtin city government and replace it with a state run govt. Wonder if that will get any traction
filed every session at this point.
The Dirty Sock
Hardly anyone voted. Probably a good thing.
Martin Cash
AG
The lesser of two evils barely won. And his number one priority? Appoint a blue ribbon committee to study child care.

Unbelievable.
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Charpie
AG
Williamson County put Watson over the edge. That makes me so very happy.
The Dirty Sock
Charpie said:

Williamson County put Watson over the edge. That makes me so very happy.

My vote actually counted!
KT 90
AG
I still don't have much faith in the City Council as a whole, but at least we got the lesser of the two evils that made the runoff for Mayor.

Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
we may not like his politics, but at least watson isnt an absolute crazy person.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.