Austin
Sponsored by

1,400-acre Mirador neighborhood in Del Valle

777 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BeowulfShaeffer
Red Pear Felipe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2022/08/18/hines-receives-approval-to-build-138-homes.html

Quote:

Houston-based real estate developer Hines purchased the land earlier this year with the intention to create Mirador, a master-planned community that includes 2,500 single-family lots and 75 acres of commercial space.
The project also includes 50 acres of multifamily homes and townhomes, as well as on-site amenities including a 60-acre lake, more than 600 acres of greenbelt, trails and a swimming pool.
This is just one step in regulatory review, but Hines still hopes to begin construction later this year, with the first home sales beginning in 2023.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Del Valle HS may wind up as the first 7A school in the Austin area (if the UIL creates that classification in the next couple of realignments). They were already at 3578 at the last realignment. Lake Travis is bigger at the moment (3681), but I don't see an additional 2500 homes being developed there anytime soon.

Add more east-side planned industrial development (SpaceX, etc.)--even more housing will follow. Homes and apartments.
Red Pear Felipe
Sponsor
AG
I remember Del Valle HS being a 4A when I used to work there. That was also at the new high school. My last year there, they had built the 9th grade academy that had its own cafeteria. That place is booming!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear RealtyAustin Monthly
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
BeowulfShaeffer said:

Del Valle HS may wind up as the first 7A school in the Austin area (if the UIL creates that classification in the next couple of realignments). They were already at 3578 at the last realignment. Lake Travis is bigger at the moment (3681), but I don't see an additional 2500 homes being developed there anytime soon.

Add more east-side planned industrial development (SpaceX, etc.)--even more housing will follow. Homes and apartments.
Lake Travis will have a bond election this fall to build HS #2 w/ a capacity of about 1500-2000 in Spicewood/Bee Cave.

I had no idea DVHS was that big...

Also, in the 90s Del Valle was a guaranteed win in HS football.
BeowulfShaeffer
AG
Husky Boy Jr. said:

BeowulfShaeffer said:

Lake Travis will have a bond election this fall to build HS #2 w/ a capacity of about 1500-2000 in Spicewood/Bee Cave.

I had no idea DVHS was that big...

Also, in the 90s Del Valle was a guaranteed win in HS football.
DVHS is still almost a guaranteed win, even after hiring their head coach away from IMG Academy. Let's just say he hasn't set the world on fire.

The only way Westlake goes to the 6A-D2 bracket is if Del Valle somehow sneaks in to one of the top 4 spots in 26-6A. LT / WL are basically guaranteed spots, and Del Valle is currently sitting behind Bowie, Dripping Springs (even though this is their 1st year in 6A), and the newish Hays Johnson.

If Del Valle isn't in the playoff mix, then WL will be in the 6A-D1 bracket--being the 3rd largest school in the district (and way below LT/DV, coming in at around 2840 in enrollment).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.