Austin
Sponsored by

Things to do on a date that don't involve bars and clubs

1,836 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by A New Hope
A New Hope
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Meeting a girl in Austin. Any tips on what to do and where to do it besides go to townlake, eat, walk soco or 6th st, bike/hike?? Thanks.
Btron
AG
Cooking class at Whole Foods downtown?
JohnnyShotgun
Old school Peter Pan putt putt, Austin FC game, Round Rock Express game, Mt. Bonnel at sunset, the bats at dusk, Laguna Gloria Museum and the park next door to see the peacocks, Ice cream and or coffee at Mozarts on the lake, Blanton Museum (if they have a night event), Top Golf, Ax throwing.

Hope you have a great time whatever you do.
javajaws
AG
People tend to bond in activities that raise adrenaline, cause stress, etc. So in addition to the axe throwing, you could try the indoor skydiving thing...or just cook her dinner.
A New Hope
JohnnyShotgun said:

Old school Peter Pan putt putt, Austin FC game, Round Rock Express game, Mt. Bonnel at sunset, the bats at dusk, Laguna Gloria Museum and the park next door to see the peacocks, Ice cream and or coffee at Mozarts on the lake, Blanton Museum (if they have a night event), Top Golf, Ax throwing.

Hope you have a great time whatever you do.
Those are great recs. I'd totally forgotten about the bats. Mt bonnel? I'll need to check out.

Thanks to everyone who responded.
Apache
AG
Stand up paddleboarding so you can see if she's got the goods. (That goes both ways lol)
You could go to a comedy club.... don't necessarily have to drink there.
Wildflower Center is still pretty nice ie. it's not too hot.
Maybe an Escape Room, you could see how she handles pressure.
Mookie
AG
My kid is going to a get together at uptown circus on 2nd. While they technically serve drinks, it looks like a fun time.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
Volunteer at Mobile Loaves & Fishes
AggieOO
Btron said:

Cooking class at Whole Foods downtown?
wife and i recently did a cooking class with a private chef at his house. it was a group setting, but it was a lot of fun.
The Fall Guy
AG
Expose. First dates are made at strip clubs.
Hey Zeus
Anal? You said things that don't involved bars or clubs. Maybe bring some lube.
Ag_EE_88
AG
Museums, capitol,lake Travis,wild basin nature preserve, kayaking, symphony, concert
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Comedy club is high risk for a first date, especially if neither of you are drinking imo.

Another fun one is an arcade, or a live music show.
A New Hope
Anyone eaten at juniper?
stamper
AG
Fedup said:

Anyone eaten at juniper?
We went for our anniversary this year because it fell on a Monday and lots of places were closed. I would give it 7/10. It was a prix fixe menu. The portions were pretty big and it was a ton of food. I wasn't blown away but it was pretty good. Probably wouldn't go back soon.
A New Hope
stamper said:

Fedup said:

Anyone eaten at juniper?
We went for our anniversary this year because it fell on a Monday and lots of places were closed. I would give it 7/10. It was a prix fixe menu. The portions were pretty big and it was a ton of food. I wasn't blown away but it was pretty good. Probably wouldn't go back soon.
Thanks for the feedback. They get pretty good reviews on the internet but who knows who those people are. Looks a little Pricey but wine pairing option is nice. It certainly looks like a nice place.

Follow up question….Clark's or Perlas? I know they're same owner but never been to Clark's. Thanks in advance.
Potcake
AG
Wife and I love Perla's but have never been to Clarks.
If you are considering seafood, go to Mongers on Guadalupe. Trust me and it will probably be less expensive without giving up quality.
A New Hope
Mongers…definitely check them out. Thanks a bunch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.