Austin
Sponsored by

steakhouse/nice restraunt

2,497 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
AustinCountyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My mother in law wants to go celebrate her bday at one of the nicer places in town. With that said we will be bringing our toddler twins along. What's a good steak place in Austin that is cool with kids being there?
The Silverback
AG
We have brought our kids to Bob's downtown....they mow down the bread which occupies them for a good 20 mins+

Ruth Chris does have a kids menu where they can get a kids filet.

But in general they are all about the same, just tell your waiter to go faster than normal with everything and should be fine. Oh, and Ipads.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Babysitter
AustinCountyAg
Gramercy Riffs said:

Babysitter
normally yes, but when grandma wants to go celebrate her bday, she wants her grand kids there more than her own
Matsui
AG
It's so true!
Dr T and the Women
AG
Steiner steakhouse.. Family friendly with nice views
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dsvogel05
AG
Austin Land and Cattle is another choice.
Come Out Roll
AG
I'll second Steiner….great food with atmosphere more appropriate for kids
AustinCountyAg
wanted to bump the thread and update yall that we ended up going to Steiner Ranch and man was it underwhelming. Everything was average at best. not worth the price at all
Potcake
AG
I thought Steiner was more about the meat in heels than on a plate?
AustinCountyAg
from what I saw that was underwhelming as well
The Silverback
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

wanted to bump the thread and update yall that we ended up going to Steiner Ranch and man was it underwhelming. Everything was average at best. not worth the price at all
We were just there this past Friday as well....Its OK but I think their niche is the bar/patio scene and the fact there isn't much else with in 25 minutes of that area that comes close. But if you were to compare to downtown steakhouses they are a grade below for sure.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Dr T and the Women said:

Steiner steakhouse.. Family friendly with nice views
Watch out for the cougars in the bar....
baseballaficionado
I would have went to Fleming's before I went to Steiner Ranch. Anyway, next time, try III Forks, VY or Jeffrey's.
SMidgett87
AG
baseballaficionado said:

I would have went to Fleming's before I went to Steiner Ranch. Anyway, next time, try III Forks, VY or Jeffrey's.
III Forks used to be my go-to, but I haven't been there in ages. Like others have said, I find Steiner to be overrated, but I have friends that love it.
[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/bpilcik/secede.jpg[/img]
Dr T and the Women
AG
He asked for a kid friendly place. I never claimed it was the best restaurant but they have prime steaks and it is far more kid friendly than the other places mentioned
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SMidgett87
AG
fair point
[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/bpilcik/secede.jpg[/img]
baseballaficionado
Has anyone tried Double Cut at Kalahari? That looks pretty nice and should be kid friendly. I haven't been to kalahari, yet, but will be taking the son in December.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Ttt
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.