Austin
Sponsored by

Flying out of ABIA next Wednesday

1,556 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Wahoo82
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Haven't flown since fall of 2019 so I'm not sure how things have changed. Flight is at 8:30am next Wednesday. How early do we need to show up?
evan_aggie
AG
I wish I could offer some good advice.

I flew after 11am when the morning rush is over with a couple of months back.

Wednesday shouldn't be a peak biz travel day since it is in the middle of the week.

Pay close attention to the online wait times. 9/10 they are generally correct.

If you don't have anything to check-in I generally say walk through the door 90 minutes before your flight.
jorgerr96

I flew out at 6 two weeks ago. Security line even at 5 am was brutal, but if you have PreCheck or Clear don't worry about it, I waited like 2 mins through Precheck.

Flying out tomorrow, boards at 5:50 so curious how busy the airport will be at that time.
AustinAG
AG
Same experience. If you have recheck the line is short. If you don't it's long.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
On a Wednesday with Precheck or clear one hour, if not 90 minutes.
SwansAg14
AG
Flew out last Thursday around 6AM and it took us maybe 30 min after checking bags to get through security; probably still a good idea to show up the typical 1.5/2 hours before flight. Also Salt Lick has a pretty good breakfast burrito (that line was about 15 min)
jopatura
AG
For an 8:30 am flight, get there a little later. Don't hit security until 6:45/7am, but get there earlier if you have to check bags. If you get there too early, you hit the bottleneck of people checking in for 6/7am flights.
bankshot11
AG
I fly a lot for work and haven't noticed any huge lines. Granted I have Precheck and usually fly out in the afternoon. The line for Starbucks has been longer than any check in or security line.

I'd say plan on getting there sometime between 6:45 and 7:15 for an 8:30am flight
vic99
AG
Check this link throughout the week and you'll get an idea. It updates every few seconds.
It hasn't been as bad since school started. Summer was terrible. http://aus.tsa.iinside.com/
BlazingSaddles
I've flown a decent amount over the last few months and I've noticed that the wait to catch a shuttle has gotten absurd as it gets later into the evening. I wish I could say this was for one specific area, but that's been true with all the "third party" lots that we've used.

My wife, who is much more frugal with money than I am when it comes to stuff like that, has finally had enough and we've been using the close-in garage parking. Honestly, pay the extra and don't want on the shuttles. The last two times it's taken us 45 minutes to get on one.
jorgerr96
I park in the $8 a day lot and surprisingly the wait hasn't been bad for a shuttle, might depend on the time you need it?
Wahoo82
AG
If TSA precheck no problem. Last Friday at noon regular line was at the terminal door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.