Austin
Sponsored by

Austin area F3 - Free Men's Workout

1,309 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Furlock Bones
AnalogAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw that a similar post was made in the Houston forum and wanted to put this out for your attention in the Austin area, too. I saw a facebook post on a men's bootcamp style workout in my area and ignored it for about 6mo. I remembered it this spring and starting going out to it in March and I'm very happy that I did. The F3 workout and community has been a fantastic thing for me for multiple reasons - great community of guys, great workout, and great organization with good goals.

F3 (Fitness, Fellowship, Faith) is a group that sets up workout opportunities that are always free, always outdoors, open to all men, led by the guys in the group on a rotating basis, and end with a quick circle of trust/discussion. These are early morning boot camp style workouts. All fitness levels are welcome - you're encouraged to modify the workout as needed. They do adhere to the "leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him" mantra. Their goal is to get guys off the couch, provide opportunities for leadership, and push men to be stronger physically and mentally. See the official page here - https://f3nation.com/

The opportunities around Austin can be found here: https://www.f3austin.com/workouts/

I'm doing the one called #sasquatch M/W/F @ 5:45am-6:30am (Naming came from the fact that it's on Hairy Man Rd at Olsen Meadows)

If you're interested or have questions, let me know!
AgGrad99
AG
Thanks for posting this. I live right around the corner and am interested in trying this out. Can't start for a few weeks, but will reach out.
AnalogAg99
AG
I got a couple of questions on the side, so I'll add answers to them here:

1. No one is forced to lead a session. Yes, you will get leaned on and asked if you're ready for it. However, an honest answer of "no, I'm not" is accepted. Once you've been going for a few months, most guys realize that they can do it. Even if you have to creatively set the workout so that you don't need to call cadence since you can't because you're still sucking wind ... that works out fine.

2. Yes, there are "F3" names for everything, even people. You get used to it and it's fun for me to learn how guys got their "F3 names"

The Austin group put together a good video a few months ago that probably does a better job of describing things than I've done. Enjoy:
AnalogAg99
AG
The time has shifted to 5:30 - 6:15am, M/W/F
Furlock Bones
AG
Just checked it out. I might have to get my butt to one of these things.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.