Austin
Sponsored by

Looking for some adirondack chairs

1,669 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MaroonSpirit
500,000ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any local recs?
Potcake
AG
Wooden ones or the recycled plastic ones? We bought two of the plastic ones at that hardware store, next to Central Market, when they were closing out. They are sturdy as hell and we sometimes put them in pool entry to watch sports on patio TV. Would love to find some more.
Aggietaco
AG
Polywood is a good option for composite chairs. Costco and BBQ Outfitters carries a very limited selection of their stuff, the rest can be found online.

If you are looking for real wood, I bought some from Backyard Patio store on 71 for some friends or there are some custom makers around if you want something special.
500,000ags
AG
Not too familiar with the non-wood options. What would be a good material? They'd be uncovered most of the time, but I could keep them out of the rain.
bankshot11
AG
We got some plastic ones from Lowe's for like $20 each. Only had them a few months so they haven't been exposed to many elements but we do keep them covered. Though that is primarily to keep bird poop away.
Potcake
AG
This is the kind we got at Zingers when they closed. Probably weighs 60-70 lbs. Dog sold separately.

Here is a link that still works to give you an idea. Surely someone carries these kind.
http://www.zingerhardware.com/Adirondack-chair-p/crp-adirondack.htm
JAW3336
AG
Potcake said:

This is the kind we got at Zingers when they closed. Probably weighs 60-70 lbs. Dog sold separately.

These are what I would recommend if they will be outside. We have some we won in a raffle 7 years ago and they still look brand new.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
500,000ags
AG
Place in Austin has these at $370 a chair. Pricey, but I'll check out this weekend.
stardustag
AG
I've been looking for some myself but haven't found anything cheaper and good quality for less than $200.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Here is a small business a family friend owns.

https://tenbearswoodworking.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.