Austin
Sponsored by

Art Acevedo

3,005 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Layne Staley
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was glad to see him move on from Austin as I disagreed with some of the policies he pushed. Went to Houston. Didn't realize he moved on to Miami.

Now he is still *****ing at the Constitutional Carry bill that was passed. I prefer you focus on Miami, sir.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dudes always been an attention whoar
HECUBUS
AG
Federal Marshal friend of mine worked with him. Sounded like he was all politician and out of place in an actual police situation. Pretty much what you would expect.
austinag1997
AG
He has been far too political... for way too long.
SteveBott
AG
Opposition to this law is universal in the police industry. He is not an outlier.
AgGrad99
AG
I have a family member who worked directly with him. No one loves hearing Art more then Art.

Doesn't matter the subject matter.
maverick2076
No it's not. Opposition in the upper ranks of law enforcement is substantial, but not universal. Opposition from officers on the street is significantly lower.
SteveBott
AG
How do you know what rank and file think? You have a poll to show us? And Art is considered upper management and he sings the same tune as you said
MaroonStain
AG
Look...the dude went from California to Austin then Houston and now migrated to the comfy confines of Miami.

What is his next stop --- Puerto Rico? Spain?
Topher17
AG
SteveBott said:

Opposition to this law is universal in the police industry. He is not an outlier.

Anecdotally, several small town staunchly conservative officers that I know well are adamantly against the law.
Furlock Bones
AG
Art is a huge POS. His only goal is to become a politician.

Furlock Bones
AG
Topher17 said:

SteveBott said:

Anecdotally, several small town staunchly conservative officers that I know well are adamantly against the law.
so what.
Aston 91
AG
I've always said the most dangerous area in town is anywhere between Art Avocado and the nearest TV camera.
rugger74
AG
Just trying to deflect his own failures in Miami. He is the LeBron of police.
austinag1997
AG
Aston 91 said:

I've always said the most dangerous area in town is anywhere between Art Avocado and the nearest TV camera.
maverick2076
I work with LEOs across the state fairly regularly. Last month, for example, I was in a training class with a couple dozen APD sergeants and lieutenants. None that I spoke to had an issue with the law. Neither have any of the other locals I have spoken to across the state. Neither do the federal agents I have spoken to, for that matter.

You can feel free to share anything that doesn't come from either a police union, Chief, or chiefs association to support your assertion.
bankshot11
AG
I liked Art and was sad to see him pushed out of Austin for bogus reasons. Apparently a lot of APD hated him for trying to disrupt the "shooting unarmed teenagers and minorities" good old boys club that has been going on for decades.
AgGrad99
AG
bankshot11 said:

I liked Art and was sad to see him pushed out of Austin for bogus reasons. Apparently a lot of APD hated him for trying to disrupt the "shooting unarmed teenagers and minorities" good old boys club that has been going on for decades.

He was never long for this city....
wadd96
AG
So you were the person that called in to KLBJ the other day with Mark, Ed and Melinda? ;-)
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not enough cameras.
Martin Cash
AG
bankshot11 said:

Not sure if serious.
Furlock Bones
AG
bankshot11 said:

Art is that you?
Aston 91
AG
wadd96 said:

So you were the person that called in to KLBJ the other day with Mark, Ed and Melinda? ;-)
Wasn't me, but if they used that line (I've been saying it for years) I agree with them. I've never seen a LEO seek the spotlight more than that guy.
austinag1997
AG
bankshot11 said:

Layne Staley
AG
Socially promoted hack.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.