Austin
Sponsored by

Retractable awnings

1,961 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by CapCity12thMan
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone had a retractable awning installed in Austin? Or recommendation for a local place that will do good work?
Hootie
AG
We had one put up a few months ago and love it. We used https://www.shadingtexas.com/
Tobias Funke
AG
Thank you!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
What was the price range on those things?
Tobias Funke
AG
They quoted me $4-5K, depending on which size I want to go with.

Not cheap!
Hootie
AG
The better quality ones are more expensive than a Sun-Setter type brand. Ours is approx 10'x14' and it was in the $3k-ish range, but this was before Covid and the increase in labor costs. That included the installation of the electrical outlet and shade, the electronic remote control, and the wind sensor. It's a really high-quality nice looking shade.
ChrisMID23
Did you get what you were looking for? I am in the shading business as well, and just joined TexAgs. $4-5 k is about right for a typical residential install, although we see them get much more expensive.
Tobias Funke
AG
Poscarspops said:

Did you get what you were looking for? I am in the shading business as well, and just joined TexAgs. $4-5 k is about right for a typical residential install, although we see them get much more expensive.

Ended up discussing with my HOA and they have pretty specific sizes, colors, brands, etc taht I have to go with. Fortunately I got a quote and it seems pretty reasonable, so I'm just waiting until I have a future bonus check to blow.
CapCity12thMan
AG
Bee Cave: https://www.txsunandshade.com/

These things are expensive...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.