Austin
Sponsored by

Hotel/Resort Pool

2,173 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wildmen09
ag009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Husband and I are looking to take an anniversary trip to Austin area in July. Will spend a lot of time at the pool. More low key and quiet than party atmosphere.

Any recommendations?
Throwout
AG
The Carpenter, Hotel San Jose, Hotel St. Cecilia, Hotel Ella, all have pools that are a little more laid back. I know I'm forgetting some, but this will get you started. I'll add more as I think of them.
Btron
AG
It's out of the Austin city limits but Lost Pines has a great pool scene.
Hanrahan
AG
Btron said:

It's out of the Austin city limits but Lost Pines has a great pool scene.

Just to add some context, if hordes of the great unwashed and their screaming spawn in every corner of the pool is a great pool scene, then I second this nomination.
aggiederelict
Wife and I just stayed at Omni Barton Creek this weekend. They have 3 pools and the big one is adults only with an Infiniti edge overlooking the golf course. We had a good time. Also 3 restaurants on site.
marron y blanco
Check out Lakeway Inn and Resort. Might fit your requirements.
Lakeway Resort and Spa Austin Texas - Remington - Guest Reservations
Martin Cash
AG
Hippy Hollow!
I bleed maroon
AG
Lake Austin Spa might also be a good alternative, if you want to splurge a bit, and if spas are your thing.
LostInLA07
AG
Miraval
BrokeAssAggie
Sage Hill

https://www.sagehill.com/

Dr T and the Women
AG
Miraval might be the nicest pool in the area. world class spa.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Silverback
AG
aggiederelict said:

Wife and I just stayed at Omni Barton Creek this weekend. They have 3 pools and the big one is adults only with an Infiniti edge overlooking the golf course. We had a good time. Also 3 restaurants on site.
This is probably more what you are looking for unless you need to be close to downtown. Virtually anywhere DT will be more of a party scene. Fairmont is great but you might run into a beer bong or two
CapCity12thMan
AG
you could venture out to west side of town to Sonesta Bee Cave:

https://www.sonesta.com/us/texas/bee-cave/sonesta-bee-cave-austin

Also, a bit closer in is Hotel Granduca: https://granducaaustin.com/en/gallery.html
wildmen09
AG
We are looking at the same and cashing in on Hilton points/reward weekends. Is downtown overrun with homeless? Looking for objective, non political reviews only.
aggiederelict
We stayed last summer at Hotel ZaZa downtown and had a great time. Pool setup was nice and I went for a morning run along Town Lake. There were definitely tents along that lake but I had no issues. I would say driving around yesterday I have seen some of these camps starting to pack up as the ban goes into effect tomorrow. I have no idea how this will play out but I think downtown will come back. We also went to Zilker with our son Saturday and had a great time. No issues. Hopefully this info is helpful.
wildmen09
AG
Definitely appreciate it! Actually looking at Sage Hill right now, looks fantastic
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.