Austin
Sponsored by

Next big growth area around Austin?

2,857 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Howdy Dammit
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously Leander, Georgetown, Liberty Hill, Dripping Springs etc. are growing like crazy. What town a little further out would you predict to be the next to take off?
tamc93
AG
Follow the water and the wastewater.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
rsemingson
Hutto area. Growing like a bee hive.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They are doing big things going out to Manor on Parmer right now.
The Fall Guy
AG
Kyle is Suburbia USA.

Lockhart will be next.
MouthBQ98
AG
They are swarming towards Elgin and Bastrop and Taylor now.
JAW3336
AG
Jarrell is growing like crazy.
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
Bob_Ag
AG
Jarrell has already had huge growth, but your about see it explode. City is actually great to work with for development.
austinAG90
AG
Interesting question and I would add everything on 130 South. I've been buying property as far down as 130/I10 area. In-laws live down there and we've purchased land around them. I can be at the airport in 55 minutes. Really not that far away when you think where growth will be in 20 years.
WestTexasAg
AG
Interesting. Most of these areas are east of 35. Didn't realize it was growing like that in that direction.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Interesting. Most of these areas are east of 35. Didn't realize it was growing like that in that direction.

Tesla will be a big game changer over there too IMO.
AgGrad99
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

They are swarming towards Elgin and Bastrop and Taylor now.
This would be my answer.

I've thought about looking into older buildings, that are vacant, in Taylor. I have a feeling they'll be in high demand sooner rather than later.
Bob_Ag
AG
WestTexasAg said:

Truthfully, the growth is in every quadrant of the metro and its all very high rate. The way I look at it right now is that you could draw a big circle around Austin encompassing the outer cities/towns like Georgetown, Hutto, Manor, Del Valle, Buda/Kyle, Dripping Springs, Bee Cave, Lago Vista, Jonestown, and Liberty Hill and that would be your primary market that has quite literally already exploded to varying degrees. The next phase, and this is also to varying degrees, includes places like Jarrell, Salado, Walburg, Taylor, Elgin, Bastrop, Elroy, Lockhart, Spicewood/Marble Falls, Bertram/Burnet, and Florence. You could definitely argue some of those are closer to that first group.

There are still value plays if looking for real estate investment in that second group, but it's getting expensive fast. Like I said above, just watch what Jarrell is about to do in the next couple years.
Aust Ag
AG
Curious about Jarrell "exploding". Nothing to do out there, far from Austin (jobs). Not sure I get the attraction, other than inexpensive housing.
AgGrad99
AG
Aust Ag said:

Curious about Jarrell "exploding". Nothing to do out there, far from Austin (jobs). Not sure I get the attraction, other than inexpensive housing.
I think that's about it.

It's a few minutes from Georgetown, and the houses are less expensive. That's pretty much what it has going for it.
tamc93
AG
Aust Ag said:

Decent school district, housing costs (not inexpensive anymore, but compared to others it is), able to provide housing for Ft. Hood (e.g. KISD schools), proximity to Austin, reasonable development requirements (impacts cost), etc. Definitely a bedroom community.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
Martin Cash
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Aust Ag said:

I think that's about it.

It's a few minutes from Georgetown, and the houses are less expensive. That's pretty much what it has going for it.
It's also a tornado magnet.
Bob_Ag
AG
Aust Ag said:

People said the same things about Pflugerville, Hutto, Leander, Buda, etc.
MouthBQ98
AG
Yeah, I think it depends somewhat on your personality type and stage in life. Kids make suburbia attractive. Youth makes urban living attractive. I dislike being around other people unless I particularly want to be, so I live way out in a rural area and commute. The burbs will keep expanding as they have the biggest numbers and footprint, and they bring consumerism with them.
YouBet
AG
We drive the entirety of 130 about every six weeks and the growth out there is significant. That Tesla plant is massive.
Spurswin5
Bertram west of Liberty Hill
Howdy Dammit
AG
Spurswin5 said:

Bertram west of Liberty Hill

Can agree. We got outbid on a house out there the second day the home was on the market. Crazy. Bertram is nothing. Has always been nothing. Used to mean I was getting close to the lease, but now is just a few years out from being an Austin suburb.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.