Austin
Sponsored by

Private Chef for in-house dinner

3,024 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by wadd96
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wife and I have our anniversary coming up soon. We have a newborn and a 2.5 year old, and we are in the middle of a kitchen renovation. Might be too many constraints with the kitchen situation, but I'd like to at least explore the idea of having a private chef do dinner for us. There's no way we can go out.

Anyone have a reccomendation? We are in round rock. I have a friend who is a chef, but she has a full time gig, so don't really want to ask her for bc I'm afraid she will volunteer. As nice as that would be, she already works too much.
ECC
AG
https://www.nomadicdiningatx.com/
vic99
AG
https://www.jailtojobs.com/catering

Fantastic food and you can feel good about going to a good cause...highly recommend.
AggieOO
Thanks to you both. Talked to our cabinet guy today and I think we are going to be in too much chaos to make it work. But, going to file these away for when the reno is done.
wadd96
AG
Raises hand.

JAW3336
AG
Are you a chef? And you make house calls?
wadd96
AG
Small caterer. Check out my FB page at Polish Cowboy Cookers.

And for the right money, yes.
JAW3336
AG
What are the dishes in the first 2 pictures?
wadd96
AG
The first is a smoked and reversed sear filet, butter sauteed Yukon golds and roasted asparagus.

The second is a grilled potato skin, sharp cheddar and fontina, crispy guancale and broccoli micro greens.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
AggieOO
Like I'd ever let some random dude from texags in my house.
wadd96
AG
Haha!
AggieOO
food looks outstanding though...except for the asparagus, which is basically poison to me...delicious poison, but unfortunately poison nonetheless.
wadd96
AG
Thanks. And you and I are not exactly "random."

If you and the wife ever want to have a meal cooked, I'm game. (I can even bring something for the pups.)
AggieOO
wadd96 said:

Thanks. And you and I are not exactly "random."

If you and the wife ever want to have a meal cooked, I'm game. (I can even bring something for the pups.)
obviously, I was just giving you crap. Without your incessant insistence that I interview 8+ years ago, I'd probably still be scraping by and paying off the years of living in NYC. I'm sure you were mostly in it for the referral bonus, but i'm also sure you were probably tired of me complaining about my job. All that to say, I owe you a huge thanks.

And I appreciate the offer for the meal. When we finally finish all this renovation crap, I might take you up on it.
wadd96
AG
I know! And quite honestly, the bonus was well, a bonus. I only referred 3 people in my time there... All three got jobs. I know lots of folks that referred many more.

Please tell the wife, kiddos and pups hi from both of us.

P. S. Knee is healing. Ready to get back in the bike.
wadd96
AG
This is what we turned out on Saturday for an Ag and his wife's 20th anniversary... We can handle 2-12 in your home. Pricing dependant on menu.

JAW3336
AG
It was damn good too!
Attack life, It's going to kill you anyway!
wadd96
AG
Thank you sir! So blessed to be part of you family's special weekend! (P.S. cooking to smooth jazz was a first! Please compliment the band. They were excellent!)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.