Austin
Sponsored by

How's HEB looking this week?

1,741 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by paperback
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We've been holding out as long as possible to hopefully avoid the mayhem at the grocery store but I probably need to go get some milk and bread tonight. Are they getting caught up yet? Any lines to get in? The one we go to is at McNeil and Parker. Thanks.
aggiederelict
I went to an HEB in SW Austin yesterday. No lines but no water. Actually pretty quiet in there.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Looking very profitable as usual....
Imsodopey
AG
Mueller HEB at 8:30 was more like it is around 11:30. Most items stocked. May not get the brand you prefer. Little to no water. Hancock HEB about the same. Central Market at Domain had no water. Cafe closed. Yet everything was generally stocked. Lines around 4 to 5 deep. I went through self checkout. Fully opened. No line.
ausag
AG
I went at 8am to the HEB Plus at Lakeline. Bread aisle was COMPLETELY empty....no bagels, hotdog or hamburger buns, etc. Needed salt, but I guess everyone bought it to try and melt the ice, because none of the HEB or Morton stuff was in stock! Most of milk was in stock, just missing the whole milk I typically buy, so I got 2%. Lots of frozen stuff completely wiped near the meat market, i.e. no HEB frozen hamburger patties, chickens nuggets, strips, etc. Not alot of stuff in bakery either....so couldn't get the homemade tortillas, which is a normal staple in our household! Aside from that, no ridiculous lines like was shown towards the end of last week!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Central Market on Lamar is stocked and limited lines
Sandman98
AG
I just want eggs. That's it.
ReloadAg
AG
I went last night and got everything I needed at Parmer and McNeil. Bread isle was somewhat picked over but I still got what I wanted.
Charpie
AG
Went to HEB plus at Anderson Mill/620.

Only produce that they had was avocados and tomatoes.
MouthBQ98
AG
If anyone is around Paige and needs a dozen or two eggs, I have PLENTy. The cold weather didn't slow my hens down at all.

What I can't figure out is why everyone suddenly needs bread when there is a minor disaster. The grocery stores are mostly stocked in my area except for bread. There's not anything resembling bread left.

Of course, over on the baking aisle are piles of the ingredients to make bread.
Aggietaco
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

If anyone is around Paige and needs a dozen or two eggs, I have PLENTy. The cold weather didn't slow my hens down at all.

What I can't figure out is why everyone suddenly needs bread when there is a minor disaster. The grocery stores are mostly stocked in my area except for bread. There's not anything resembling bread left.

Probably a combination of supply and demand, like everything. We were warned that eggs and milk would be slow to restock due to their issues with livestock deaths and pasteurization. I'm sure the factory bakeries that require electricity to operate were down and out as well.
fig96
AG
If you've got a non-HEB nearby that might be worth a shot, I stopped at Sprouts on Sunday night and they had basically everything but dairy and bread. Plenty of produce, frozen food, non-dairy milks, etc.
paperback
MouthBQ98 said:

That's very good of you. Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet but I'm sure you knew that. Also one of my FAVORITE foods. If someone is needing food they can't go wrong with eggs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.