Austin
Sponsored by

Question for folks with Solar Panels

974 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Dr T and the Women
Ferg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With all the snow, did you still get power throughout the week, or did the snow/clouds keep the panels from generating electricity?
rcannaday
AG
I was kind of wondering the same except for those with Tesla power walls, did it actually power your house, and for how long?
Complete Idiot
You can't generate power if the grid isn't powered, so if the grid supply to your house is down your panels are worthless (without battery backup). At least as a Pedernales Electric customer, but I think that is true for others as well.

Yes, when the grid was on we still produced very little due to ice and snow cover. Panels finally free of it all today, but not until today.

Of course it was cloudy all week as well, even clouds can cut it down a lot on their own.

If you have a battery backup, those can supply power for maybe a day or two but at a very large expense and I did not choose to install batteries.

fig96
AG
A friend with solar said they never lost power this week, unfortunately don't have details on his setup so can't give much more info. Planning to have a chat with him about it because I'm really curious.
Dr T and the Women
AG
I have tesla panels and a powerwall.
Today they are producing strong.

I had backup power the whole time.

Production was less during the storm but we also had much less sun
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.