Austin
Sponsored by

Awful story - Pediatrician shot dead

2,085 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 512Ag
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My family knows the victim. Awful.
https://amp.statesman.com/amp/4277191001?__twitter_impression=true
thirty-two
AG
Truly awful. Can't imagine.
stardustag
AG
I have been reading up on this tonight but can't really find anything on the motive. Seems senseless and random...

My only guess is he was unstable and was turned down the opportunity to work there as an unpaid assistant and was seeking revenge? Seems odd.
tamc91
AG
Had lunch with a friend today. His wife had just taken one of their kids to see Dr. Dodson last week. They are pretty shaken by this event.
It was a senseless tragedy.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Via reddit, so take it for what its worth: but apparently he had some type of cancer that could hinder his judgement and cause episodes.
BQ78
AG
Other dude was a pediatrician with terminal cancer (weeks to live) and he had tried to work at the clinic on a volunteer basis and they rejected him.

Poor motive and selfish thing to do but there you go.
Btron
AG
I question the validity of the terminal cancer info. Not the reporting of it but was he really terminally ill? Didn't the Nashville bomber say he was terminal and turned out he wasn't?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
He was our friends pediatrician and the office right next to our pediatrician. My wife also works in pedis, the whole community is pretty shaken by it. Not a lot of real details have come forth though. My wife's question was why SWAT waited so long to go in, which I tried to explain that I am sure their is a playbook that is tried and true and nothing was logical about this act.
jopatura
AG
I think it came from the sister, for what it's worth, not the doctor himself.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The team is all women. The guy has a history of domestics violence. Went to Med School in Grenada meaning he couldn't get in anywhere here. Tried to volunteer at a clinic run by women. He may have a terminal illness but rejection and disrespect for women may also be triggers
Aust Ag
AG
I heard he made them tie up each other, but then they all got away except one. Was it her clinic? I wonder if he let the others go, but kept an eye on her? To "take care of the leader". Really sad story, 3 young kids.
512Ag
AG
Our kids have all been patients at CMG since birth. Dr. Dodson wasn't our main doc, but my middle son saw her several times over the years. She was a truly wonderful person. Kind, absolutely great with kids, sharp as a tack, and hilarious with a laugh that put anyone who was in the room at ease. Such a tragic loss for the community, but so much worse for her husband and young kids. We're heartbroken.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.